Savannah Says Hi...

Savannah (my Southern Painted turtle), her 20 roommates (neon tetras and green tetras) and the 2 hitchhiker snails (M&M) want to show you their new tank deco. They have moved to their summer residence in the tropics :rofl

The background I couldn't find - so I painted it myself. she seems to enjoy it. and the grass had to go as it got full of bugs (with summer) so now it is a sandy beach - she enjoys climbing on the rocks. :yeah: the neons are all doing great :D however, the snails were to shy to show up for the photoshoot!

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2533.jpg

DSCN2534.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

DSCN2538.jpg

DSCN2539.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

DSCN2544.jpg

they are planning to go to Aspen for the winter. :heart

Nothing like a well-traveled turtle :exactly And you better keep an eye out b/c I bet Ranchu Dressing will want to come steal your tank :saywhat:teehee It looks GREAT! You painted that background? Wow,Federica,you are extremely talented :painting::heart

Oh.My.Gosh. Your tank is FABULOUS. Can you please make copies of it so we can all have one! :rofl

It's like a dream tank! I'm sure she loves her sunny beach days! It's such a fabulous tank!

And you better keep an eye out b/c I bet Ranchu Dressing will want to come steal your tank saywhat.gifteehee.gif

LOL! Nailed it -- I was totally admiring the tropical tiki decor with envy! And you have really excellent taste, Captain -- I have the same 3-tiki statue in the Tacky Tiki Tank. wink.gif

Love the Tropical Turtle Tank!

thanx everyone!!! I am sure Savannah would love the compliments! (OBVIOUSLY I wont tell her, she is big headed enough :rofl )

You painted that background?

Yup Susan all me :D It is just oil paints on a VERY fat paper (so it is easy to fix later). I LOVE painting with oils - the only thing is that it took 2weeks to dry 'enough' for me to fix it (it isn't totally 'dry' yet - which is insane as I am not patient at all!)

I'm sure she loves her sunny beach days!

she actually hangs out on the rocks of the beach to get away from the heating lamp - or to check if anyone is coming to FEED HER ALREADY! :rofl

I have the same 3-tiki statue in the Tacky Tiki Tank.

well, the Tacky TIki Tank is amazing!

I am surprised the turtle dosen't try to eat the neons

yea I was too! but she doesn't even look at them anymore! I think it is because I never fed her live foods - she couldn't care less about them. I also have a friend who has a turtle that doesn't care at ALL about live fish :rofl And I am all happy because I think they add way more beauty to the tank - and they are such funny little guys! actually, when Savannah eats, they come and eat the crumbs she makes (handy), and when i feed them, Savannah tries to find 'lost and forgotten' fish flakes on the floor! :lol1

You guys and your Tiki tanks.

They look pretty cool, but theirs nothing like lashings of plants and driftwood and natural to me. :rofl

Each to their own I guess.

I would love a turtle like that... And the neons really brighten up the tank! Interesting little additions for sure! :yeah:

• Supporter

OMG... I love, love, LOVE your TANK!! It's so fun and cheerful and totally brought a smile to my face. You must get so happy when you look at it :) Your turtle is a beauty too!