Air Pump

Yes, it's great to have airpumps because of the oxygen and surface agitation they give. It helps with putting more oxygen in the water and helps with gas exchange when the surface is agitated.

I don't.

I loooove bubbles, but my mother is afraid of the air pump and it's noise or something. She freaks out when I turn it on...

The plan is to get one (A quiet one. Non of the three pumps I have are quiet..), and a bendy bubble wand.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Edited by Iheartfishies1172

We also have one and our goldfish love it :D. They really enjoy swimming through it, and of course also indirectly because it helps the plants grow (they do so like their veggies :rolleyes:).

I don't.

I loooove bubbles, but my mother is afraid of the air pump and it's noise or something. She freaks out when I turn it on...

The plan is to get one (A quiet one. Non of the three pumps I have are quiet..), and a bendy bubble wand.

What might also help is the use of a time, so that the bubbler isn't on constantly (and if possible mostly at times when no-one is there to be bothered by it).

Do you have an air pump running in your aquarium?

yes. they are essential to the tank i.m.o.

I have not said it explicitly (my bad), so I want to make clear that I fully agree with Martha on this: an air pump is a necessity if you want to maximize the chances that your tank remains healthy.

Edited by Erinaceus

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do. A Tetra Whisper 60, running a 48" bubble wand that's burried under the gravel, against the base of the back wall. Gives nice big random bubbles (rather than fizz) that tumble up the 3D back wall.

Of the 3 pumps I tested (Rena 400, Coralife Luft, Tetra Whisper 60) the Tetra was the quietest and moved the most air.