Sign in to follow this  
kukana d

Whole Tank Starting To Pine Cone!

I'm so sorry you are going through this Susan. I'm thinking of you and Nohea and hoping that all goes well. :heart

Just wanted to let you know that when Bandit gets very bad he sometimes will just lie there belly up not moving at all, sometimes even when I touch him he won't move. Then he picks up a day or two later, so maybe they do this to save their strength. :heart

Poor guy. I don't think there is much more you can do for him. It is possible that he was worse than you thought and trying to help him actually pushed him over the edge. I think that happened with Ursula. I thought she was better than she was, but the HP dip I did I think pushed her over the edge (I don't think she would have made it anyway, but it might have hurried her along). But let's hope for the best, that he is resting and will be hungry for a pea in the morning.

I think the best thing you can do for him tonight is know everything you have done for him has been to try and heal him and now you have to take care yourself, get a good night's rest and try to send him positive healing vibes by taking good care of yourself (I'm sending positive vibes your way as well).

I'm very upset to hear that Nohea has gotten worse. :( But I'm glad the rest of your fish seem to be doing better. How long have you had him?

Hold on, Nohea, we're not ready for you to go yet.

Its true sometimes the best thing we can do (f water is reading good) is just step back and give the fish some down time. Dark definitely helps destress. You did good there. Its sooo heart wrenching not being able to do anything that seems to help...but at that point I think we have to step back and say...okay I have done what I can and now my fish has to do what he can :(

Im praying and hoping you will wake to find him a little better at least. Yes fish do zone out to recuperate, just like people do..lets hope thats what this is. And if you do find him a little better tomorrow I would also leave him alone for another day.

Its such a game of hit and miss because fish CANT TALK and tell us anything :cry1

I just wanted to stop by and let you know I am still thinking of you and your sick fishes :( I do hope you all are feeling better today :)

I'm rooting for you and Nohea and I really hope that he improves, and that he's just taking a rest to recuperate. You've done so well taking care of him, He's just gotta pull through this last bit and I think he'll be fine. He's a fighter that's for sure.

:grouphug i'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. sending support hugs to you and noeha :heart

it's amazing what some quiet time can do for sick fish. if you haven't already I suggest turning off the tank lights and draping a towel or sheet over the tank and leave it that way for a few hours or even a day. you can peek in if you must, but whenever my fish have dropsied this is a tip from Imo that I've always used and it has always worked.

oh kukana, I'm so sorry Nohea has gotten worse. I hope some rest and quiet will help give him the strength he needs to pull through. I'm sending positive thoughts for Nohea and you to get better.

Thank you everyone,for all of your support and kind words :heart Nohea did not make it,he was gone when I got up this morning. He was such a gentle giant,and I will miss him very much :cry1

I am sorry Susan! :(

Awww no :( I'm so sorry :( You did everything you could for him and he was a gorgeous fish :hug

Oh Kukana, how terrible. :( He was such a beautiful fish. :cry1 I'm so sorry for your loss, take comfort in knowing you truly did everything you could to try and help him.

I am so sorry for your loss :( how are the rest doing today?and are you feeling better as well???

I am so so so sorry :cry1 You did absolutely everything you could, you both fought very ahrd. This is such sad news. May your little angel rest in peace. I'm so sorry :(

Im so sorry hun, sometimes no matter what we try to do its just not enough... I dont know how many fish I have lost to Dropsy's hun.... Please dont bang your self up hun, you did the best you could do for him :)

:hug

I am so so so sorry. I know how special he was to you. RIP big guy.

How is everyone else today?

:k055: sorry!

It is a horrible thing having any fish pass on and somehow especially horrific when the fish is so large -or a favorite :cry1. I am so very, very sorry your beautiful Nohea didn't make it. Dropsy is one of those symptoms that really can go either way but more often that not goes this way.

You did so much for him Susan :heart. You really tried so hard for him. Feel better. And :rip: Nohea

:cry1 Susan I'm so sorry about Nohea. It's always so hard to lose a fish but especially hard when he was as special as Nohea. I know how much you loved him. You did all you could to help him. :heart :heart :heart

I hope you'll soon feel better. :hug

susan, i am saddened by your loss. :cry1

my deepest sympathies. :rip: Nohea

Oh, I am so sorry to hear the bad news :( <hugs>

How are your other fish doing now? :(