Mr Velvet Has A Growth!

Pontosfan

Mr Velvet, my betta slpendens, has a growth on his side near the base of his tail and it's growing larger every day. Any help or advice on what it is or what to do would be great. Here are some pictures (it's sad that this is Mr V's pictorial debut on this forum). It diesn't seem to be causing him any problems.

MrV_Ill01.jpg

MrV_Ill02.jpg

oh no! could that be one of those cauliflower warts of something?

check this thread - the betta has something a bit similar - I am not really familiar with warts etc...

My link

Huh, that is odd. Unfortunately bettas are notorious for getting tumors of all sorts and there's not really much you can do about it. That being said, maybe someone will come along who knows exactly what that is.

I have no experience with anything this big; my rescue, Doctor Jeep is the only betta I had that had a growth, and it grew to the size of his eye before I salted for a week, and it mysteriously disappeared. Hopefully this is a benign growth and only cosmetic for Mr. Velvet. Good luck!(His name is kinda ominous, don't you think? :hide: )

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this problem:

The growth as since trippled in size (!) and recently part of it has somehow been ripped off (ouch) revealing solid white underneath. His eyes are swollen (one looks clouded over) and it looks like he has another lump forming on his chest! Despite all this, unbelievably, he has shown no changes in behaviour and is eating and swimming as normal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...