Sign in to follow this  
jayne

A Really Lucky Find Today

Sometimes you are in the right place at the right time and today was one of those days.

I often spend Sundays browsing shops in the hope of finding something nice but today I scored a hat-trick smile.gif

A customer had converted their tank to tropical and handed in some very nice goldies to swap for a heater etc.

So there were 6 decent sized,good quality fish up for grabs - I came home with 3!

They look like three little boys to me,hope you like them heartpump.gif

dolittlefish005.jpg

dolittlefish021.jpg

dolittlefish016.jpg

dolittlefish020.jpg

dolittlefish013.jpg

dolittlefish012.jpg

the white oranda is amazing! Those FINS!!! :heart

Oh WOW!!!! You really need to show me these fish shops of yours sometime...and then have your hubby make me a huge tank! They're fantastic, I love the orange one :heart

Hiya Jayne, good to see ya! Your finds are awesome, beautiful fins on all of them! :Congrats:

-Dennis

Oh wow at that oranda! The fins! How big are they?

Your orange guy, he's not a veiltail by any chance? Those fins look pretty squared off at the ends. :heart

Then again its 3.10am here and I could be imagining things! :rofl

Someone gave those up????????????? :whatjust: They're beautiful :heart

Jayne, one word for you..................AMAZING!!!!!! I love the white one. The fins, oh the fins on him! :heart:D

:Congrats: on your :newfish

I really can't see why someone would give them up for a heater....the shop must be laughing! How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

WOW the orange one is a veiltail and the white one is amazing. Lucky you.

I really like the White One :heart

The fins!! Pretty pretty fins! Oh wow nice!

So lucky! :P

I really can't see why someone would give them up for a heater....the shop must be laughing! How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

It wasn't just a heater,the guy just said they were swapping to trops so traded them in so they could get the right equipment to get them started. I paid ?14-99 each for them which is an absolute bargain I felt,but they don't usually have larger fancies in,they are a pet shop really with a few ?3-99 littlies usually.So they probably only gave the previous owner a few pounds credit per fish.

I don't know whether you can recall I picked up some albinos a while ago quite unexpectedly,that was the same shop.You can go in 100 times and there is nothing worth having then next time just hit the jackpot.

They really were a bargain! Red cost me ?30 and Mariko cost me ?25 and neither of them have finnage anything like that! (Rusty was a ?3.99 fish...)

I know,when I asked the guy how much he must've seen my face light up when he told me lol! I'd already said to my husband that they were worth between ?30 - ?50 each,based on other fish I have seen for sale online.

I was tempted by one more which was a lovely solid red metallic,not quite as big but still nice (in fact I may go back in a few days for another look).The other 2 were both red/whites but looked a bit battered and one had only one eye.Still probably worth the money but not out and out bargains.

Oh wow... the fins on those goldies are amazing!!! Beautiful lot :)Congrats.gif

Tbh Jayne amazing find and I DEFO think you should give the other 3 a chance! One might be missing an eye but I bet he has character and I don't think anyone will want him poor fella. I am sure they would love your TLC (you can always haggle on them anyway if the shop don't have a clue on price worthiness!) :D

Hope you give them a chance to go with your lovely finds :)

xxx

oh my gosh that white one is soooo pretty :) I just love them all :) Congrats on your beautiful new additions :) any idea's on names yet???

Holy WOW. Beautiful~ Congrats!!!!!! O_O

That is the first black telescope I have seen with flowy fins like my RogerMoor!

COngrats!

The oranda takes my breath away and then to see that veiltail...amazing!

They all took my breath away! Wow, such beauty! :Congrats:

:Congrats: they're really beautiful fish.. great find..

They are ALL so beautiful! Can't wait to see them swimming in your tanks, can you do video clips???? :please

I was mentally planning a "fish napping" when I saw those flowing white fins & the veiltail....then I saw you are over seas...........DARN IT! LOL!!

Hope the very best for your new babies!

Edited by Jeana727

:krazy: Oh my goodness, I wish I could kidnap those fish! That was an extremely lucky find!

They were also quite lucky to go to a new home with you! They'll be in heaven! :D