Sign in to follow this  
jayne

Baby Veiltails Arriving Tomorrow

I am expecting 6 baby veiltails tomorrow morning :)

They are tiny,between 1/2" and 1" length and are still uncoloured and probably won't look very exciting yet but they are from a good strong bloodline so I'm hopeful they will develop nicely.

It's very difficult to get veiltails in the UK these days so I'm quite excited at getting my hands on these babies - are they readily available in the US?

Wow that is awesome! Can we see pics of them when they arrive? :)

I think it's tough getting true veiltails here in the States. I think the main guy who breeds them is Al Foster..? And I don't think he sells them often. I have seen lots of fish advertised as VT on auctions and such, but I think most times they aren't true VTs.

That is quite lucky and we can't wait to see pics!

Like Sakura said, I do think it's difficult to find them here and I have never seen them in lfs and even aquarium stores.

It's nearly impossible to get veiltails in the US unless you're well-connected in the goldfish world. Us 'regular' folks don't stand a chance. rolleyes.gif

Can't wait to live vicariously through yours! And how fun to get them when they're tiny and have baby colors -- it will be a surprise to see what you get!

I'll happily take some of my usual rubbish photos tomorrow when they arrive but I am not expecting anything too exciting - my understanding is that the finnage can take some time to develop so these little ones probably will be more ugly duckling than swan at this stage.

Watching them grow up will be the fun bit......

cannot wait to see them 'bloom'!!! This is so exciting!!! :whatjust:

Where do you get all these awesome fish from?! And how much do you have to spend to get them?! There must seriously be several thousand pounds worth of fish in your tanks...

I can' wait :) Pictures!!

Where do you get all these awesome fish from?!

:exactly

Congratulations! Pictures, please yes! I'm sure we'd all love to see you grow them out.

Yep no true veiltails(tails long and flowing with no split/fork.) to be found here in the US. Can't wait to see pictures.

pretty easy to find em in canada, but i guess what they are talking about "true" veiltails, i dunno about that :S

oh so exciting!!! looking forward to pic's :)

Oooh, that will be exciting! Pictures please!

Oooh you are so lucky! :)

Eagerly awaiting pictures! :D

I'm sitting here waiting impatiently :)

Camera is charged up so I'll post photos soon.

They're here!

OK I was wrong they are definitely not ugly ducklings - they are CUTE!!

I ordered 6 and the supplier very kindly sent an extra one free,so I now have the magnificent 7 (or maybe the 7 dwarves)

They are in a tub being acclimatised at present so just a few photos for now:

Firstly,the very exciting box shot lol

veiltailbabies001.jpg

Then a couple of babies chosen at random and popped into a tiny tank of 3" x 1" for a quick photo

veiltailbabies016.jpg

Finally a couple of the whole group in the acclimatisation tub :)

veiltailbabies008.jpg

veiltailbabies011.jpg

Oh my goodness, how cute and pretty!! :) I bet they'll turn out to be just gorgeous.

They are real veiltails!!! I am so pea green with envy. Lucky you. They are so cute. Keep us updated. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

They are real veiltails!!! I am so pea green with envy. Lucky you. They are so cute. Keep us updated. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks Hidr.

I must admit I wasn't sure what to expect because I bought them without seeing them first but I have used this supplier before and he knows his stuff so when he said he had got some in from a good bloodline I took a leap of faith.Later in the year he is hoping to get some calicos in too,fingers crossed.

Those are really cute! :D

Congrats on your new babies!

1 word for you....YOINK!!!!

They're cuties ;):P I thought veiltails weren't supposed to have a split in the tail though? Or maybe I'm confusing them with butterflies headscratch.gif

They can have the one split on the top but the fork on the sides should be more of a wave or completely gone.

As they grow the tail well drape behind them like a horse tail and be much much longer then their body.

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up :) If I should happen to hunt down Jayne's house (Becs would help I'm sure ;) ) and steal some veiltails you want me to send you one? I know you've been hunting for a while ;):P Watch out Jayne!!! :rofl

Hehe Oh ya I would rehome a couple of mine in a heart beat for a veiltail. You know what a sucker I am for those long flowing fins.