I Have Eggs!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bingo:

the mom is a lionhead? cool! it is weird that they all seem to have the dorsal fin! too bad! when do you think their eyes start to 'grow' if they are telescopes?

I don't know when or if there eye's will be telescope...i know nothing of genetics :( But they all do seem to have dorsals except one has a slightly deformed one it looks like one you would see on a shark ;) aptly named Jaws for now :)

haha, look at their big eyes, just like a human baby, all tummy and eyes. way cool to see their progress, thanks for sharing.

Shell,

Here's something I found:

When first hatched, the Telescope Goldfish has normal eyes that begin to bulge after about one month. It may take up to three months for the eyes to fully develop the protruding bulge that is so characteristic of this goldfish. The selection of a good specimen places much importance on the eyes. They should be large, protruding, and symmetrical.

-Dennis

Shell,

From what I've seen most young goldfish arrive at pet shops that are from 6 months to 12 months old which is when the fry will have turned color. Most breeders will sell/rehome fry once the color change has taken place.

-Dennis

Fry are 5 weeks old today :) :)

Sadly I am now down to 4 :( I lost the 2 smalles over night it seems :( But the 4 remaining are looking very good :) all over the tank eating like little piggies and poping as well :) Keeping my fingers crossed i do not lose anymore....considering I only started with 18 I don't think it's going to badly...

Here's some new pic's :)

037.jpg

035.jpg

032.jpg

The one at the top left with the weird fin is no longer with us :)

030.jpg

And their new tank :)

027.jpg

Thanks for following :)

congrats on the fry! quick question, the thermometer in the last picture, what kind is it? does it have a suction cup at the bottom?

It's a sinking thermometer Martha :) It's weighted on the bottom I guess stays put pretty well :) I got them at my local pet co mpany :)

Thanks everyone :)

The remaining 4 are looking pretty good I think as well :) one is a bit smaller than the other 3 but not as small as the one's I recently lost :(

Their coloring right now is like a very light copper & shimmery :) It's very pretty I think :)I'm looking forward to what they will become down the road a bit :) and I can see they're eye's have goldish rings around them and they do poke out a bit already :) So I am thinking they are going to take after the Daddy (Bubbles) ;)

Thanks again for following :)

congrats on the fry! quick question, the thermometer in the last picture, what kind is it? does it have a suction cup at the bottom?

It's a sinking thermometer Martha :) It's weighted on the bottom I guess stays put pretty well :) I got them at my local pet co mpany :)

oooo awesome! I've never seen that kind b4! is this p*tco or a lfs? sorry with all the diff ways we try and get around the certain stores I'm just a lil confused. :doh11:

oooo awesome! I've never seen that kind b4! is this p*tco or a lfs? sorry with all the diff ways we try and get around the certain stores I'm just a lil confused. :doh11:

it's a pet co :)

Thanks :) I am so thrilled to watch them grow and change :) they are actually like mini goldfish now :) instead of sticks with eyes (LOL) ;) and Yeah today I get to go and get the full hood/light for their tank :)

• Supporter

ooooh. and we're thrilled to watch them grow with you.. this is what i love about this site's members.. the fact that we all feel like a family and happy to share precious moments to eachother good or bad. you're babies are looking fab.. i look forward to the next update. :heart

Thanks Stakos

I will continue with update's as long as I have fry ;) (LOL) It's funny most of the other threads on fry stop right about here :(

And I so Agree about this wonderful fishy family we have here...where else could we all be our selfs about our beloved goldfish and this amazing hobby in general :)with out getting the your crazy look that is ;)

032.jpg