I Have Eggs!

YAY!!!! I found a brine shrimp hatching kit :) they should be ready tomorrow pm :)

If all goes well ...I would love nothing more to have people like you all take my babies when they are ready :) :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3

Fry are def grazing on the Hakari First Bites :)My first Batch of Brine shrimp babies should be ready later this pm :)I spend more time in front of these tank than anywhere else in the house lately ;)They are just fascinating!!!

Bare with me I do not have zoom for video mode (LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m1ujpgbmeE

5 day old fry...

They are still little specks with eye's :) but I can now see they have food in they're little bellies :) def grazing on the rocks and surfaces :) not having much luck with the live baby brine shrimp :( but they love the hikari first bites :) :)

Here's some new pic's...again they are very tiny so you still may have to squint some ;)

ctmpphpusEYvu.jpg

ctmpphpuXLycS.jpg

ctmpphpMuduON.jpg

ctmpphpZxGPgT.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Wow they are cute, how exciting!! I can't wait to see how they develop. Everyone's got fry lately, you can sure tell it's spring/summertime :)

I hope I have tele fry someday. I would totally want to be ruthless with culling though and keep only the "best" ones, but it would be hard. I just read in a Goldfish society article about a breeder who feeds his culls to his adult goldfish. Seems better than just wasting their lives by throwing them away if you ask me. And baby fish in the wild are eaten all the time anyways, so it seems like a slightly more natural way cull.

Day 6

I have been thinking lately about how to cull if I have to and I guess that would be the best way to do it :( I only started out ith a little more than a dozen eggs and today's count is at a dozen? So thanks for the info Sakura :)

I have the tank mostly bare bottom now except the filter it self, still no luck finding any sponge type but I guess this is working atm :) I was finally able to feed them some bbs and they were sooooo cute chasing them down ;) Here's a little video update..don't mine the silly hubby talking to the kitty's in the background,and it was taking at night so a little dark too sorry :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUJBol0W7g

WOW!! Fry are 1 Week old today :) :)

I still have at least a dozen fry in there,they are so hard to see I sit and watch them with magnifier in hand (LOL) I have noticed that besides seeing they're full stomachs, they're tails are now split in to two :) :)I did have to remove a dead one this am :( it was floating and the others were pecking at it :( I will try to get some new pic's up later today...

Thanks for looking :)

They are very tiny and fast so not 100% on the count but at least a dozen :) all seem to be doing well so far :) hopefully moving them to they're 10 gallon tank next week :) So should have a better idea of how many then :)

I got my babies they're new qt tank today :) and am awaiting they're new sponge filter...Slowly removed them from the Betta tanks and moved all (18)of the wee one's to they're new qt home :) they all look good to me so far a few are quite small :( you can now see they're full bellies and their little mouths :)and they're little double tails...

Thanks for following along with me :)

ctmpphpwXiXHL.jpg

ctmpphpYuRuG8.jpg

ctmpphpZJkeTK.jpg

ctmpphpjQY47B.jpg

Thanks and I am ;) ...I wish badfish would show up ;) I have so many questions for her???

But so far so good,I'll be moving them up to a 10 gallon next month :) I cant wait till they start looking like little goldfish :) they're 9 days old today :) I will try to get some close up pic's later tonight :) thanks for following :)

Thanks...They love going in the vases... makes me have a heart attack everytime ;/ So i push the plants around with the bbs straw and they come flying out (lol) :) i sit in front of this tank for hours on end ;) The family thinks i have gone mad (LOL)

10 Day Old fry :)

I am so enjoying this journey, although it takes almost all my time (not complaining ;)

Here's a few new pic's and a video link :) sorry for the quality :( I really need a better camera :)

ctmpphposBorp.jpg

ctmpphpHp07Yf.jpg

ctmpphpDx120i.jpg

ctmpphph5zU8R.jpg

here's a link to my latest video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwkFDtzYjk

starting to look real cool! when do they stop having transparent bodies?

It is weird how they all swim near the bottom - I think only the 'bravest' dare to swim more freely :rofl

I'm not sure when they start to show any color but I am looking forward to it :)

I have some sad new's :( last night at lights out I found a dead baby at the bottom of the vase, and they will be coming out today!!!But I also found 2 more dead this am :( I'm hoping it's just a survival of the fittest thing, my water is good @ nitrite-0,ammonia-0,nitrate-0 ,and I am doing daily water changes (x2 sometimes)So I am now down to 15...

Thanks for following :)