Um An Impulse Buy

I just bought this beauty on eBay!!!!

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

Comes with an inbuilt pump.

It's a Juwel Rio 180, carries 180 litres or 40 gallons and is in excellent condition. I'll get it a week on Weds as I will be going home on the weekend and I can pick it up then in my car (passed my driving exam about a month ago now) and then drive back up to Leicester to do three weeks of work. Exciting stuff. Don't think I'll be putting any fish in it just yet because I'd like to cycle it and I don't know if I'll be in Leicester all summer, but I will move my two little ones into it :)

Cost me... ?70!!!!

I might actually get it on bank holiday Monday so a week today!

Also I wanted to mention that my next two goldfish, well... I am not a "choosy" person, I just get the ones that appeal to me, but I have decided that the next two tank buddies will be goldies who need rehoming or a bit of TLC, basically they are special for a reason. As soon as I know that I have time I can get them and look after them properly :) and I would prefer them to be larger, but mostly in need of a new home!

xxx

It will be an interesting process I think!

Any advice on what would be best to clean it out with? It comes from an experienced fish-keeper though I don't know if he had tropicals or not... what should I do with the filter stuff? I was thinking I will put one of my filters in the tank along with the built-in one to get it cycling?

You should really replace the filter media, new sponges and boil any ceramic media, and then you can cut your cycled filter sponges in half and put some in the new filter and you'll have a pretty much cycled filter, might get a cycle bump. If you just move the old filter over you'll have enough bacteria to deal with your current fish anyway and you can pretty much move them straight in I think.

Something to make it even better... 180 L = 47.5509 us gal, not 40. :D

Bigger then you thought XD

And that is a real beautiful tank too!

Oooh I was measuring it in UK gallons so it comes out at 40 :) so does that mean technically I could have 4 and 3/4 fish? LOL!

Omg I had a dream about goldfish last night... ok this tank is driving me crazy! I am gonna get it today and start cleaning it down before I take it back up to Leicester wheee!

That's a gorgeous tank, I was looking at those ones before I got my big tank, great find! :D

Can't wait to see some pics once you're up and running, you must be so excited!! :D

Good luck! :)

Ahhh it's here! Took quite a while to work out how to squeeze it into my little car but we managed! I just can't see out of my back window >.<

So, how should I clean it?

• 2 weeks later...