Potassium Permaganate Source?

I've been calling hardware stores, etc., and no one seems to have this. Does anyone know where I could get some? I am in New Jersey if that helps at all.

If I can't find it, I guess bleach (1:20 bleach/water ratio) is my next best option for disinfecting an aquarium/filter?

Thank you!! :D

Yeah sometimes i find it easier to order it than trying to find things at stores :lol

thank heavens for goldfishconnection :panana

Oh I know!! Some of the best products/meds I have come from there. I always feel confident that if it's coming from Goldfish Connection, it's the best quality and most worth it. So awesome to have a source you can trust like that!

Anything they don't have, I get from Drs. Foster & Smith. I am truly amazed by their level of customer service! Whenever I call, they talk to me on the phone so patiently and are quite educated on their products and fish in general. Even when it turns out I am not buying anything, they still will stay on the phone for as long as it takes to figure stuff out. They have really earned a repeat customer with me. :)

So awesome to have places like these...too often I deal with HORRIBLE customer service with other things so it is SO refreshing! :Jig:

:pianobanana

I'm glad you found it. :) Though I was going to suggest Menards. I called them a little while ago to ask them if they had PP, after a few "customer service" reps said "O, no. I don't think so." Or "Yeah, Potassium Chloride, we have that!" I finally talked to a woman who works in the plumbing section (what a brilliant idea :glare: ) she confirmed that they have it.

And it's 5lbs for $27! What a steal!