Sign in to follow this  
seheap

Anything

Kitchen Betta is most displeased with me. Not only have I not fed him this morning but I have dared to put floating things in this tank that are not food. I broke down the snail tank today and removed all the surface plants growing in it to the betta tank. It was quite funny watching KB try to eat them...

I bought a giant marimo moss ball and tore it in half, one half for Steve's tank, one half for my betta tank....

It sits at a slight angle on the bottom of the betta tank, and Sir Betta Physch has made it his own personal fort. He retreats there whenever he gets the chance! :D

My betta girls just discovered boiled egg whites. They went wild for it, it took a second or two before they figured out it was food but they loved it. :)

I'll have to try that Caitie! My guy is so picky...I'd love to find something that he actually enjoys! Rather than just puts up with! :P

I want pictures Sarah!!!! :krazy::P

Might as well bump this thread :)

I needed something to do to distract me tonight so having moved Chester over to the big tank after an uneventful QT I decided Kitchen Betta needed some loving. He's been thoroughly neglected in the kitchen with all the goldfish drama but I've now moved him into the glass QT tank, so he's gone from a tall narrow tank to a proper long rectangular one. He's also got a filter which is new for him but he doesn't seem to mind, and I've set up a light by his tank so I can see him properly. He's now on my bedside table though I suspect he will remain called Kitchen Betta for the rest of his days. He seems happy so far, not really exploring much, more interested in when's food turning up but I'm hoping he likes it. I'll get some pics up soon.

Just squirted some bloodworms into KB's tank, but because I did it through a hole in the lid without lifting it, he still spent a good 2 minutes dancing at the front staring at me before figuring out there was food behdind him and going off to hunt in the plants. He is very cute when he dances though. I was thinking the other day he's getting quite big now and I wonder how long he'll live for. He was tiny when I got him with really tatty fins and he's doubled in body size in just under a year. Still got the tatty fins though but what a character, so different from the pathetic tiny dark thing in a bag he was when I got him. Going to get him back in his bedside apartment today.

Guest Jinjerbreadman

@MadameSpank: I also found a tiny baby snail in Coffee's tank. It probably hitched a ride with the marimo :") I hope they'll live in harmony somehow, hahaha.

The aponogeton in Coffee's tank is HUGE. I was contemplating on trimming the leaves, but it seems like Coffee enjoys swimming between those lovely green leaves.

Goliath try to eat one of his snail and crushed the shell and spat it out, now only 2 snails left

:bump:

Does anyone else sometimes hear their bettas?! KB makes a cracking sound sometimes with his jaw when he's making bubbles...

OK, does anyone happen to know the compatibility of bettas and killies?.