Sign in to follow this  
Guest RanchuRules

Ranchu And Lionchu

Guest RanchuRules
Guest RanchuRules

haha very cute lil buggers,,, the ranchu has a very nice tuck

thanks ^^

They are super cute... I especially love those chubby white cheeks :)

Guest RanchuRules

They are super cute... I especially love those chubby white cheeks :)

thank you. they are my 1st goldfish . :) the chubby white cheeks is a lionchu right?

I'm not too familiar with lionchus... are they called that because of the flat/straight back of a lionhead, but the tailtuck of a ranchu? If so, then that cutie looks like one to me. Perhaps someone with more lionchu experience will come along and be able to answer your question for sure. Ranchu, lionhead, or lionchu, that's one cute goldie.

Guest RanchuRules

I'm not too familiar with lionchus... are they called that because of the flat/straight back of a lionhead, but the tailtuck of a ranchu? If so, then that cutie looks like one to me. Perhaps someone with more lionchu experience will come along and be able to answer your question for sure. Ranchu, lionhead, or lionchu, that's one cute goldie.

thanks amoonklein. :)

Guest RanchuRules

ranchu2.jpg

ranchu1.jpg

ranchu.jpg

p1030924h.jpg

28494393035255818595455.jpg

28494393034925818595455.jpg

28494393034990818595455.jpg

28494393034825818595455.jpg

Edited by RanchuRules

Awwww they are so cute! I love the picture of the little ranchu looking at his reflection. He's saying "Yep, I'm still super cute" haha

Guest RanchuRules

Awwww they are so cute! I love the picture of the little ranchu looking at his reflection. He's saying "Yep, I'm still super cute" haha

hahaha thanks! my ranchu - 3-3.5 inches and my lionchu is 2.8-3inches. still baby ranchus haha

Hi there, it's nice to meet another ranchu fancier. I'm not 100% sure but I think both your fish are ranchus. Here's some info that may help in identifying your fish.

The Lionchu or lionhead-ranchu is a fancy goldfish that has resulted from crossbreeding lionheads and ranchus. It is confusing as ever when come to distinguishing whether a fish is ranchu or a lionchu.

DESCRIPTION

The Western criteria for lionchus combine the traditional characteristic side-view profiles of the ranchu and the lionhead.The ranchu's deep body, broad and curved back, and tail placement has been merged with the large headgrowth of the lionhead.

ORIGINS AND EVOLUTION

Although at first, the lionchus were considered merely as mongrels, being hybrids of the lionheads and ranchus, the lionhead actually have an ancestor from Japan in the 1800s; it is then known as the shishigashira ranchu or lion-headed ranchu. The shishigashira ranchu is a ranchu-like goldfish with small amounts of headgrowth and some having small knobs and bumps on the back (a suggestion that the absence of the dorsal fin had not yet been stabilized at the time). But the modern-day lionchu is considered to have originated from Thailand, and was popularized by a group of goldfish hobbyists in Singapore through RafflesGold.com, an internet-based goldfish forum site. The lionchu was officially recognized as a unique class of fancy goldfish during the "My Fancy Goldfish Competition 2006", which was held in Singapore from May 26-28, 2006.

VIDEO

lionchu-

Enjoy smile.gif

cheers

Guest RanchuRules

Hi there, it's nice to meet another ranchu fancier. I'm not 100% sure but I think both your fish are ranchus. Here's some info that may help in identifying your fish.

The Lionchu or lionhead-ranchu is a fancy goldfish that has resulted from crossbreeding lionheads and ranchus. It is confusing as ever when come to distinguishing whether a fish is ranchu or a lionchu.

DESCRIPTION

The Western criteria for lionchus combine the traditional characteristic side-view profiles of the ranchu and the lionhead.The ranchu's deep body, broad and curved back, and tail placement has been merged with the large headgrowth of the lionhead.

ORIGINS AND EVOLUTION

Although at first, the lionchus were considered merely as mongrels, being hybrids of the lionheads and ranchus, the lionhead actually have an ancestor from Japan in the 1800s; it is then known as the shishigashira ranchu or lion-headed ranchu. The shishigashira ranchu is a ranchu-like goldfish with small amounts of headgrowth and some having small knobs and bumps on the back (a suggestion that the absence of the dorsal fin had not yet been stabilized at the time). But the modern-day lionchu is considered to have originated from Thailand, and was popularized by a group of goldfish hobbyists in Singapore through RafflesGold.com, an internet-based goldfish forum site. The lionchu was officially recognized as a unique class of fancy goldfish during the "My Fancy Goldfish Competition 2006", which was held in Singapore from May 26-28, 2006.

VIDEO

lionchu-

Enjoy smile.gif

cheers

Nice to meet you lionchu ^^ oh ic . its both ranchu? thanks for the description and origins :)

Guest RanchuRules

Bad news. my Chubby white Cheeks passed away earlier :(

Edited by RanchuRules

Oh No! What happened ???:( He look very healthy and strong....the water parameters ok??? :unsure:

Guest RanchuRules

Oh No! What happened ???:( He look very healthy and strong....the water parameters ok??? :unsure:

I dont know what happened. when i wake up he's dead already . :( last week he has a SBD. but hes ok already this week.:( the water is ok. :(

Very nice pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Bad news. my Chubby white Cheeks passed away earlier sad.gif

Oh No! What happened ???sad.gif He look very healthy and strong....the water parameters ok??? unsure.gif

I dont know what happened. when i wake up he's dead already . sad.gif last week he has a SBD. but hes ok already this week.sad.gif the water is ok. sad.gif

So sorry for your lost. I had one fish that died like before. Perfect fish, no health problems, morning ate and swarm normally but in the evening found floated on to top of tank, dead, no symptoms at all. I've heard of sudden death syndrome but is rare. sad.gif

Guest RanchuRules

Bad news. my Chubby white Cheeks passed away earlier sad.gif

Oh No! What happened ???sad.gif He look very healthy and strong....the water parameters ok??? unsure.gif

I dont know what happened. when i wake up he's dead already . sad.gif last week he has a SBD. but hes ok already this week.sad.gif the water is ok. sad.gif

So sorry for your lost. I had one fish that died like before. Perfect fish, no health problems, morning ate and swarm normally but in the evening found floated on to top of tank, dead, no symptoms at all. I've heard of sudden death syndrome but is rare. sad.gif

its so sad. my lil sister really likes hachi my white chubby cheeks ranchu :(

Edited by RanchuRules

So Sorry to hear of your loss :( Hopefully the remaining one will fair better :) you never know sometimes :(

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Hugs.

Aawwwww, I was just going to comment on how cute his lil' "outlined" lips were! Sorry you lost him! Hope the other is going good!!!