Lighting Is Acting Strange

I'm starting to think that I'm jinxed with the tank lights.

The big tank went dark 2 years ago, and I bought new lighting (not just those bulb's, everything), small tank had the same several months ago, and now the lights of the big tank are acting strange. Normally those are on a timer, so on in the morning, off in the evening. Lately I noticed the tank to be dark during the day, but when I look again, the lights are back on. :blink:

Yesterday the tank was even dark for hours at a time. So I unplugged that timer and still the tank was dark. This morning I plugged the light in and they work again. Does anyone now what is going on, because I'm so confused.:krazy:

You might try rotating the bulbs within the ballast. Sometimes a slight adjustment after it has come loose can fix the issue of the bulbs turning on and off. Is it a single bulb fixture??

What about the electrical outlit itself?? My son's were having an issue with their night light flickering on and off and my husband later found that the connections were loose in the outlet itself.

Just a thought.

My fingers are crossed for the best and cheapest fix for you!!

You can always try contacting the manufacturer. When my lights went, the manufacturer replaced it for free! :)

Sounds like your ballust is going bad. If it's a good light they can be replaced. If you can get the number/size most hardware stores carry them for around $20.00 > $30.00.

What about the electrical outlit itself?? My son's were having an issue with their night light flickering on and off and my husband later found that the connections were loose in the outlet itself.

The outlets are still fine, first thing I tested ;)

You might try rotating the bulbs within the ballast. Sometimes a slight adjustment after it has come loose can fix the issue of the bulbs turning on and off. Is it a single bulb fixture??

It's a double bulb ficture. It is in the hood of a juwel vision tank. I'm going to test that rotating tonight. And see whether I can see/access those ballasts.

Sounds like your ballust is going bad. If it's a good light they can be replaced. If you can get the number/size most hardware stores carry them for around $20.00 > $30.00.

It is the standard lights that came with the juwel vision tank. No idea whether those are 'good lights':unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it is time for a new one.

*sigh*Why is everything so expensive:yikes:why:

The lights died completely today.

I bought a new one. ? 160. :o

I wish fishstuff was cheaper in Belgium:krazy:

The good side: happy fish:gcar: