Big Tank

jayne

I have an 8' x 3' x 3' tank with an undertank sump for filtration of approx 6' x 2' x 2' so altogether it's quite substantial.

It has always been tropical in the past as I had a giant Mbu puffer named Douglas.

Sadly Douglas died a while ago and the tank looked a bit empty with just his pals in it - rainbows,angels etc.

So the decision was made to rehome the trops into two 4 foot tanks and the giant tank is now a fancy goldfish tank smile.gif

It is very hard to photograph it in one frame but I hope you can see the goldfish 'mansion' on these shots -

goldfishbigtank001.jpg

goldfishbigtank004.jpg

There are 38 goldies in there btw lol!

There is a few fish I would love to net for my aquarium. You are living my dream right now. :9

In the first pic, the Calico Lionhead (?) that is picking at the rock on the bottom left. That is my dream fish definitely.

Edited by brittie

Thats ENORMOUS, MASSIVE and down rigt HUGE!!!! You have sooooo many pretty fish in there. :heart

I bet you NEVER switch the T.V. on, why would you. I bet you are glued to the glass of that amazing tank! I bet your goldfish think they actually live in the wild! ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Your Tank :) I told my Hubby that someday I want a 100 gallon of goldfish... he laughed...;) If only I could have a tank like yours ;) So Awesome :) How many Gallons is it???Very Jealous here :(

Thanks for all the lovely comments folks.

We have calculated the gallonage to just under 600 gallons,that includes the sump of course.

I just wish I could take some better shots of it lol

WOW!! That is like goldie heaven, your guys are sooooo lucky!!! :D

The first thing that came into my head was, how do you carry out water changes?!!! lol :lol1

Just amazing, thankyou for sharing!! :D

:Congrats:

• 1 month later...

Dear lord! That's one22 of a tank. But it is absolutely amazing. I'm showing this to my boyfriend as soon as possible and saying "If you really love me..."

• 2 weeks later...