I Helped Moved Commons To A Bigger Tank :)

Ok So I have Been trying to get my sister to understand that her 25cent goldfish need more room as they get bigger,and when I replaced my 20 gallon tank I asked her if she would be interested in it for her goldfish..Surprisingly she said her husband said it would be ok since it was going to be FREE!!!She only has to get a lid/light :) I gave her the tank, my 2 old filters a bubble bar and some silk plants :) we moved her decor, some marbles and a bridge and most of the tanks water and her 3 commons over from this little tiny tank to my old 20 gallon(I know it's not really big enough full term but it's a start :))I'm hoping now that they are in a bigger healthier environment In the dinning room the whole family will see that they need more space in the future :)And get a bigger tank :)I will keep my eyes out on craig's list too ;)

Before

ctmpphp7ZIT9j.jpg

After

ctmpphpfStTOH.jpg

If she can't or wont get a bigger one maybe you can talk her into rehoming two. Or get a fancy instead and rehome all three.

Oh WOW that is such a huge improvement! Good work Shell :) I bet those fish barely even know what to do with themselves in all their new space. And I can't believe what a small tank they were in before! :ignore

Thanks everyone :)

It's Better than where they were ;)

And Hidr (LOL)I said the same thing before I left "that your old tank would be perfect for A Betta :)" she said we'll see ;)

I think her fish were delirious with the new tank :) and to think she's had them (with some replacement)since last summer at a fair :( I suggested if any pass NOT to replace them,especially with another common... but maybe looking into a fancy down the road...Would a 55 gallon be a good size tank for these 3 guys or bigger???

Wow thats fantastic! The fact that your sis actually listened to you. I really wish I could influence my Uncle in the goldfish = lost of space rule! He even has a huge pond but he likes to keep a few commons inside in a tank that is not fit for a living creature! He couldn't believe me when I upgraded from a 16 gallon (one goldfish) to a 63 gallon to house five GOLDfish! :rolleyes:

I keep trying to tell him that its cruel and I hope one day he will listen! :doh11:

Well done Shellbell, that is a HUGE improvement!! :D

I bet those guys think all their Xmas's have come at once!! :exactly