Goldfish In Movies/tv

Guest xKris10x

Guest xKris10x

Little bit of a fun game that i'm not sure has been done before. Name a movie or television show that has somehow incorporated goldfish into the script or set design!

Have fun!!! :bounce

I'll start er' off:

The X-Files (Mulder always had a tank of goldfish in his apartment)

Fun, yes, but some of them depress me a bit -- Mulder had a tank, but virtually every single other TV/movie character kept his/her goldfish in a bowl. Still didn't keep me from shouting "GOLDFISH!" when I saw them, though. rolleyes.gif

• Elmo's goldfish Dorothy on "Elmo's World"
  • Arnold's goldfish Abraham on "Diff'rent Strokes" (dating myself here)

RD, I do the same thing! They had an episode of Criminal Minds and within the first minute I yelled "Fish in a bowl!!", we completely missed the initial crime :oops: The Cleveland Show (cartoon I know) had an episode where Cleveland Jr drank a goldfish that was being kept in a glass, hubby missed a big part of the show b/c I was going on and on about it. I kind of drive him nuts with it :)

If commercials count..

I believe it's Tide, the first time I saw it I missed it because in the background is a cloudy 10 Gal tank, with about 5, yes 5 BIG fantails!

OH OH!!!!! 28 Days Later!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are stuck in an apartment because the infected are trying to get them and in the apartment there is a father and a daughter and they have 2 goldfish in a bowl with about an inch of water.. (because water is so scarce)...

I always think "oh please... there is NO way those fish would be alive!!!!!!!!!"

Fun topic. :)

Terrence Howard's character in 'The brave One' was feeding Oreo cookies to his huge goldfish tank. He then says something like: "I swear man, these fishes love this stuff!"

I laughed.

Guest xKris10x

Fun topic. :)

Terrence Howard's character in 'The brave One' was feeding Oreo cookies to his huge goldfish tank. He then says something like: "I swear man, these fishes love this stuff!"

I laughed.

:lol: omg i didn't even think of that one, good one hz

Guest Yankee Kwon

There was a goldfish-in-a-bowl in the Walt Disney animated film, 'Pinocchio'(1940).

And of course there's Hayao Miazaki's 'Ponyo' (2008), which centers around a goldfish-girl's relationship with a boy.

**Disco Stu, of 'The Simpsons', has at least once appeared on a show with GOLDFISH PLATFORM SHOES (the fish were dead and floating)!

Edited by Yankee Kwon

For any of you who like Science Fiction movies, in the beautiful movie Dark City, there is a ryukin featured swimming in a bowl and at another point in a bath tub, some huge symbolism for the movie (the visuals are stunning). Later in the movie there is also an important fish shop, but I can't remember what is in the tanks. The whole movie has a transient feeling since all the buildings move and change.

Also for Japanese anime, in the movie Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, there is a gunfight in which the protagonist sprays a whole bunch of bullets at the local yakuza and destroys a fish tank in the background which I think has either ryukins or tosakins. At this point I start complaining loudly and have to be told to shut up. :)

There is Blinky in the Simpsons (3-eyed fish) Klaus I think has already been mentioned, Lt Shiny Sides is Peter's goldfish "just sleeping" in Family Guy!

The Drench advert has a goldfish doing awesome tricks hehe

There were goldfish in an ep of The Leage of Gentlemen comedy show... but a stupid vet electrocuted the whole pond :( it's not real but that show peeves me how they make it funny how he keeps killing animals? NOT FUNNY

xxx

Guest PhishPhan

Commandant Eric Lassard from the many, many Police Academy movies always carried around his fishbowl with goldfish named Birdie.

Edited by PhishPhan

**Disco Stu, of 'The Simpsons', has at least once appeared on a show with GOLDFISH PLATFORM SHOES (the fish were dead and floating)!

"Disco Stu doesn't advertise."

If commercials count..

I believe it's Tide, the first time I saw it I missed it because in the background is a cloudy 10 Gal tank, with about 5, yes 5 BIG fantails!

I notice that everytime and I rarely pay full attention to commerical. Tide Stain Release or something?

"My Goldfish is Evil" A cartoon fish, Admiral Bubbles, who lives in a bowl, but he is never in it, always out trying to take over the world :D

Edited by Rachy

That fish that goes around in a battle suit/bowl on Ying Yang Yo, is that a goldfish?.

No sure if this show is even showing anymore.

That fish that goes around in a battle suit/bowl on Yin Yang Yo, is that a goldfish?.

No sure if this show is even showing anymore.

In Kelly Clarkson's music video "Without You" she is about to throw a goldfish in a bowl out of the window to get back at her boyfriend. He rescues it by reaching in the bowl and plopping it in his glass of water.....Not the best, but the idea is there :rolleyes:

There is a PBS commercial that features a goldfish jumping to various water sources in his attempt to get to the ocean. The tagline is "Be More: empowered. Be More: PBS" It won an Emmy for outstanding commercial.

In the American version of The Office, the Michael Scott Paper Co. has a goldfish in a bowl on Michael's desk for a few episodes. In the behind the scenes they talk about how they had to buy a new goldfish for the first few episodes because it kept dying (WELL DUH!!) and they eventually ended up buying a Betta for the bowl.

He looks so sad in that bowl!! Poor thing! :(

The "kill-the-goldfish-to-get-back-at-the-ex" thing is so ubiquitous. I'll never understand why, though. I mean, if someone was pictured in a music video or TV show planning to throw a KITTEN out a window to get revenge, everyone would be disgusted. But for an ex-girlfriend to threaten to boil a goldfish? No biggie, apparently.