Day 1 - Big water change then double/triple dose prazipro & feed AP

Day 2 - feed AP.

Day 3 - feed AP.

Day 4 - Big water change.

Day 5 - Fast day

Day 6 - Peas

Day 7 - Some other yummy food

Repeat above for 6-7 weeks

this is how I do it. I just dose on the 1st day. The food I think it would be enough just the 4weeks. the prazi 6-7. :)

I HOPE this works!!! Moose is a sweetie!

to deactivate the PP you can add HP or Prime :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use AP food three days a week in my QT for four weeks (except for my DO fish)...after Sue's battle with internal worms I know how terrible they can be. And I would just keep the salt low and bump it up after the prazi, not necessarily because I think it reduces the prazi's effectiveness, but because it can be hard on some fish, especially if they are already compromised.

Edited by amynmitchell

• Supporter

Hi ladies.

I'm a day behind schedule. Last night was my big water change night. I added 3x prazi to Moose's tank and started him on the Jungle AP food. I'm going to start salting his tank tonight. I'm thinking I'll start with .05% for the first week or so and then bump it up to .1%. After the prazi treatment is over, I can bump it up again until I'm at .3%.

I have the 26 gallon tank broken down and waiting for Moose but I was thinking I could wait until Day 4 in the treatment plan to move Moose. So instead of moving him tonight and redosing the prazi and salt, I would just be moving him to 26g on water change day. It also gives the tank more time to dry out.

Things are moving along.

I lost a bunch of fish last year to dropsy, 4 I believe. I moved them from tank to tank and nothing stopped the deaths. I finally stole media from my tropical tank and put the survivors in a 20 gallon while the 55 was nuked. I think the best thing would be to destroy your cycle and start all over if you don't have another tank. I know its a pain but I really believe it is the only thing that saved my guys.

Your two were beauties. May they RIP.

• Supporter
Posted Today, 11:40 AM

I lost a bunch of fish last year to dropsy, 4 I believe. I moved them from tank to tank and nothing stopped the deaths. I finally stole media from my tropical tank and put the survivors in a 20 gallon while the 55 was nuked. I think the best thing would be to destroy your cycle and start all over if you don't have another tank. I know its a pain but I really believe it is the only thing that saved my guys.

Your two were beauties. May they RIP.

Hi Ashlee. I'm so sorry you went through something very similar. It's awful, but I'm glad to hear you were able to get everything under control.

I have nuked 2 out of 3 of the tanks. My concern is that if I start a new cycle in the main tank, and then put Moose back in there, I will "infect" the tank again. I want to make sure that we have figured out what's going on with him and treat him appropriately. Once he's free and clear of his nasties, then I can consider the move.

In the meantime, the main 65 gallon tank is just sitting around, waiting for me to start over with it. I figure I can take my time and start over with a fishless cycle.

I am dreaming of the day that he is healthy and happy and back in the 65, swimming around and enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporter

Hey ladies :)

We're on treatment week 3 and things seem to be going really well. I don't want to get my hopes up, but the last few days Moose has been less prickly :) Yay!

I'm hoping things continue to improve. I really feel like we're on the right track :)

(YEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY) not getting our hopes up :D

one more week of the AP and then a couple of prazi and lets hope he will be as good as new! GREAT!

• Supporter

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was flukes all along? Well, I don't mean wonderful in the sense that it's great because the whole things has been awful, but wonderful that there is potentially an END to all this!!!!!

I know I said I wasn't getting my hopes up, but his scales are looking even better today :) I am officially having high hopes. Yay!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporter

Hi everyone :)

I've been a total slacker with updated on here lately, but I guess no news is good news, right?

Moose seems to be doing well. He had his last dose of prazi on the 30th so he's finishing his last week of treatment. Yay! I'm going to bump up his salt slowly starting on Wednesday and once it's at .3%, I'll keep it there for 2 weeks.

I'm glad to give a happy update :)

I want to thank you all again for your help, support, and advice. You guys are AMAZING!!!!!

• Supporter

I am really sad to say that Moose passed away tonight. I'm really upset because it's my fault... I rushed when doing his water change earlier today and then took off for work. I came home and he was barely breathing. I didn't understand why because just this morning he seemed to be doing fine.

Thinking back, i don't remember adding water conditioner when I did his water change. I feel terrible. I mean, it's my fault. I feel like he was finally getting better and things were back on track, and then this happens. I never should have been rushing in the first place.

There's so much I want to say, but I'm having a hard time getting everything out. I think I'm gonna try to go to bed or something.

Thanks for everything you guys.... This isn't the way I wanted this topic to end. I wanted it to be happy but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Oh my gosh Allie, how sad :( I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Moose. He was such a sweet, cute little fish.

I hope you don't beat yourself up too much over the mistake... I can see how that would be an easy mistake to make, especially when in a rush. Take care :hug

• Supporter

Thanks, Sakura.

Amy, I only did a 50% water change. My tap water has almost 1ppm ammonia in it and I usually have to double dose prime, but maybe you are right. His scales never fully went flat but they were so close and it really seemed like he was getting better. Maybe he was still weak and this just put him over the edge. I don't know, but I feel terrible.

I think I'm going to take a break for a little while. Thank you guys for all of your help; I really appreciate it.

Sorry for your loss :cry.. I just loss my 1st fish 2 days ago.. it's really hard.. I'm like the most sensistive person ever.. I buried her in my garden.. your definately in my thoughts and prayers :) :) :angelstaf:

• Supporter

Thank you Federica & Jadafish. I buried him in the backyard next to Mooshu because they were best friends. Now I have 4 goldies buried there. Very sad. I'm so tired of having to see my fishies leave me so I'm running PP and breaking everything down for a while. It's just such a weird feeling not having a goldfish. I keep looking over at the tank out of habit and each time I get sad. Maybe a break will do me some good.