Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

Glo Fish Question

I picked up two today. They are in QT and every couple weeks plan to get more till I have 6.

Somehow it seems a couple long finned got mixed into the shipment and I got two green longfin ones.

However by the time I got them home they were white. They are in the tank, very very active but still no color. Is this normal?

I picked up two today. They are in QT and every couple weeks plan to get more till I have 6.

Somehow it seems a couple long finned got mixed into the shipment and I got two green longfin ones.

However by the time I got them home they were white. They are in the tank, very very active but still no color. Is this normal?

BTW I have goodles these every which way I can think of. I have found out people either love them or hate them so much they get down right ugly to people that like them.

I bought a couple about 2 years back and they do become pale when they are stressed out. Mine weren't very hardy unfortunately they only lived about 6 months. That's why I went back to keeping danios instead, but they were cool to watch.:)

I bought a number of them few years ago and now I have one left. I've had all 3 colors and none of them ever got pale or turned white. All mine were short finned however--don't think that would matter though. Anyway, I wonder if you really have glofish or if someone at the store is misinformed?? All mine had vivid coloration throughout their whole lives. Even my last one is still a bright yellow/orange and he's close to 3 yrs old. I really like them but don't plan on getting more for awhile cause they are so expensive and they also attacked my albino cories. My orange guy thinks he's a hatchetfish now and schools with them all the time. Actually he's the boss and pushes the hatchets around! :D

Hmm well they are still alive and active. Might be the lighting lighting on the QT tank? They have a little yellow to them now but they were green.

Going to get some more but maybe from a different store. They well cost more though. Or I might just get some reg long fin danios and hope they get more comfortable when there are more of them.

BTW they don't glow in the dark at all. cry3.gif

BTW they don't glow in the dark at all. cry3.gif

No they don't sorry... They do look neat under a black light though.