Sign in to follow this  
Twinkie

White Pimple Like Lump On Tail Fin

Hi everyone ,

My oranda has had a small pimple like lump on her tail fin,It is very small and white

also there is a white ''thing'' that kind of looks like a small bone by the end of her tail.I is long and white and is attached ''in'' her tail.

Could this just be her tail growing?

I had her for around 5 months and she is about 4 inches long '' not including her tail''

My telescope seems fine and is acting normal.My oranda is also acting normal :)

It has been there for about a month and a half but the pimple looks like it is slowly disappearing.

Sorry i can take a picture my camera is broken :(

My tank specs

29 Gallon

2 Goldfish-Oranda,Telescope

1 common pleco ( I know common plecos are not to be kept with goldfish but I keep an eye on him and he is fed well.

30-40 Aquatech Filter

Bubble wall

Temp ( I have no thermometer but id say it is room tempature :oops:

I cant afford a test kit yet so I don't know my Ph or ammonia :(:doh11:

I feed them a mixed food

Wardly pond fish flakes,and wardly pond fish pellets,Bloodworms,krill,and mixed betta food. ( The only reason is that i had a betta and he died of old age and I had lots of left over food.

They also Eat algae discs and fresh veggies.

Sorry for talking so much LOL :rolleyes:

I fear it could be anchor worm. I have had it once a long time ago and know that goldfish can get this. I have attached a link, to see if the picture and symtoms that they list are matching up to what you are seeing.

http://aquatropicalfish.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=233:anchor-worm&catid=40:fish-diseases]

Please let us know. Also I hope I did not scare you, it can be treated. :)

no its not anchor worm,It kind of looks like a crease in his fin as if someone folded it :unsure:

Yeah!! Fins can get "folded" or "creased". It is not uncommon, and as long as there is no discoloration, and the fish does not seem uncomfortable, there is no issue. My red & white oranda's tail fin is folded.

i know its confusing but you know when you bend a colored piece of plastic and it turns white where you bend it? that's that it looks like HAHA

but his tail looks straight to me :krazy:

I will TRY and get a picture tomorrow ! :heart

A picture would help greatly. Thanks. :)