Sign in to follow this  
bodoba

I Was Able To Restrain Myself.

So I was in wally world, I looked at the fish. It must've been new fish day because there weren't any ich or dead goldfish yet. (It's so sad to say that but it's true) In the LG goldfish section (meaning over an inch in length) there was a beautiful black telescope. There was none in the tank that had clamped fins or anything. I know they don't take good care of their fish so I wouldn't buy it. Plus I am nowhere near close to setting up my tank (haven't even made the filter yet)

Sometimes it's hard to say no because you don't agree with the care of the animal. Anyone else had to restrain themselves recently?

I won't even look at fish in pet stores now because I know I will be tempted and I just want my one fish right now. :(

I saw a gorgeous calico fantail, but it was a few days before we were leaving on vacation. I didn't feel we could bring it home just to leave it unattended and unwatched in the hospital tank. I hope he found a good home :)

I HATE seeing the dead petstore tanks, and the ones gasping at the bottom. I just want to bring them all home to "a better life" but of course I cannot :(

ahh, i just wish i had over90000 ... a lot of money, and a massive tank, and multiple tanks so i can buy all the fish i see. i am always tempted... and for the FIRST time, last week i walked in the store, and walked out empty handed. didnt buy plants, fish, accessories... LOL !

No, I bought some tropicals last weekend but I was ready for them. :) As for goldies, I have to be good cause absolutely no more room for them! It is very sad at that place your talking about but I guess some stores are better than others. :(

Edited by Kristi

I like to look at the goldfish, but in the stores we've been to in North-East England I've not been tempted at all. I just know they have ich, most of the time I can see it, and it's not something I want to deal with. I'm also really happy with the fish I have at the moment. When I go to Guildford it's another matter...the store I use there take fantastic care of their fish, I've never had to deal with ich or flukes (other than taking preventative measures in QT) and the fish are healthy and gorgeous. Twice now I've come home with a fish I wasn't looking for, but I've usually mulled it over for a day or two and I only get anything if I have enough space. I'm so happy with my current setup that the thought of messing it up is a very good antidote to the new fish bug!!!

If I have NO space then I won't even look because that's just torture! The worst was when I used to work in a fish store and was tempted by the new deliveries each week. Plus, people would sometimes just bring fish to me so I couldn't resist those!

I went out shopping for one little fish the other night and almost came home with 3! I did restrain myself because I really only had room for one more, otherwise I would have ended up with 3 in a 20 and I'm not going to be setting a new tank up till I move.

But I know how hard it is to walk away sometimes! Last fall I accidentally went to look at goldfish at our local pet store. Of course, the last little fish in the tank was a pudgy calico pearlscale (my total weakness!). I thought about it for 3 days before I finally went back to get him, but I had an empty 10 gallon Q tank at the time. :)

Hopefully there will be a perfect fish just waiting for you when you have the tank set up!

My house is full so I only look. One day a Betta might get me though.

I've had to restrain myself over the same blue orandas many times in the last few months. They arrived at my favorite store as wee babies, but I was already stocked and they have 2 left that are quite large and have kept their blue color. Every time I see them I think "how bad would one more be?!" but I always stop myself. My tanks have been running quite smoothly and I don't want to mess with that.