Sign in to follow this  
Amriel

The Pearls

Well finally gonna post some photos of my pearls!

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382-Copy.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383-1.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

Oh and quick question do you notice the Injury/Hole in my Orange pearlie? what is it? and how do i treat it?

Amriel

Cute Pearlies :)Thanks for sharing the pic's :)

Not sure about the injury... but imo good clean water is always helpful to start :)Maybe a little salt :)

Edited by shellbell4ever

Cute little ones.

Just keep the water super clean it should heal up.

Thanks for the Comments guys! :)

Wow! It's a good thing you're nowhere near me or my bf would snap them right up! They're a lovely pair :)

The red marks just look like scrapes to me and should heal up with clean water. Have you quarentined them before? I don't think a little salt would hurt, check the D&D forum for threads about salting if you're not sure how to do it, I don't think you'd need to go above 0.1% but the salt's not essential, it might just speed things up a bit, clean water's the only cure you really need. Good luck :)

they are so lucky to have so large room. That's a big tank for them

Thanks For the Kind comments guys! and oh thanks for answering my question i guess i'll do a w/c tomorrow since it's already 11:30 pm here and from china not really im under 3g's for the recommended space.

Amriel

Darling pearlies!

Unfortunately, that "scrape" looks like an ulcer to me. Hard to tell from a photo, but the pearlscales I've had have been extremely prone to ulcers, and I've had 4 of them die from them. I'm pretty good at recognizing them now. Not a skill I had hoped to acquire. sad.gif

I almost saved one with Jungle anti-bacterial food, and was going to try some Maracyn Plus (but he died before it arrived in the mail).

As everyone said, keep your water absolutely pristine. Salt at .1 to .2% is a good idea (if they tolerate it well). I hope it really is just a scrape or blemish. Keep us posted!

Aw they are so cute! I like your tank too :)

I think he/she just a scale that's why theres a little hole/ bruise and the red markings are kinda gone now not all but some. and thanks Sakura i like yours too :)

Amriel

Great looking Pearlies you have there! :Congrats:

-Dennis

Thanks! :) oh and uhh a little update did a w/c yesterday and added 7 teaspoons of salt and it worked like magic Theres no more hole/bruise and theres only a little red markings on them now :)

Amriel

Update: They already made a Full Recovery Wohoo!! and thanks for the Goldfish bowl in the tank idea :) they use it as a Sleeping place and Eating place now :)

Amriel

Cute little pudgy guys! I'm glad that sore has healed up. I usually treat with an antibiotic like Maracyn 2 but I'm glad it's seemed to heal up for you. A lot of times, they'll get injured during shipment, and the pet stores don't usually have very clean water so things get infected easily. Clean water is always the first and best thing to try!