Snails And Goldfish

fishies12

None that I know of. All snails can be housed with goldies.

All snails are attracted to the slime coat of a goldie, so be careful when you have a sick fish on your hands. Besides that, I do not think there are any limitations.

I like apple/mystery snails. That is what I have. A lot of other types seem to be looked at a pests.

Goldfish will EAT snails. The reason my adult Ramshorn was never eaten was because it was always too big. The goldies would happily eat ALL of the much smaller snails in my snailtank.

Don't even THINK of putting snails with your goldfish(unless they're big enough)I lost a fish a year ago from eating an apple snail infected with gill flukes.(I only cater to Ramshorns)

robertcrowe, nooppee tortures snails as well as fish. That snail was probably not in good condition as were those fish that died.

Ive found that no matter how big the snail was my goldfish just wouldnt leave him alone. They kept knocking him off the glass and then when they ate his antennae off I removed him from that tank.

I have snails. Ya sometimes the gf will nudge or knock them off but so far none of the gf have ate any.

I did not put any snails in that my gf could get into their mouths and I do feed my gf small meals 3 to 4 times a day.

However I did not get to one of the egg sacks and the baby snails hatched and did get ate. Sence then I have been more carefull about removing the sacks.

I know it is odd but for some reason it really bothered me to see them eat the baby snails but it does not bother me to remove the sacks so they never hatch.

I know what you mean, Hidr. I started raising baby "pest" snails in my betta tank so my puffers would have live food (they need hard shells to wear down their beaks). But I feel so awful feeding off the baby snails, especially since I watch them hatch and grow and theyre so cute! So now I have a 10 gallon full of ramshorn snails. I took some to work and put them in the plant tank since I had too many. I ended up giving all those snails to some guys who were starting up a plant tank and thought the snails looked cool. :)

Archived