Sign in to follow this  
jayne

Albinos At Last!

I wasn't going to buy any more goldfish for a while,as I am concentrating on the fish I want to breed with at the moment.But some of you will remember that I have wanted an albino fish for a long time so when I was browsing today and came across three little ones in a local shop I just had to bring them home.

They were the last three of a large batch that the shop had had in,and to be honest they are not great quality at the moment,but hopefully they'll fill out and blossom in time smile.gif

I have taken a few photos but they are hanging out at the back of the tank so they are mainly bum shots lol!

These are the best so far:

albino058.jpg

albino056.jpg

albino054.jpg

Wow Jayne, they are amazing. Can't wait to see them develop!

:Congrats::newfish

Wow indeed! They are fabulous!!!!! :Congrats: on your :newfish

They're certainly unique!! :Congrats:

Pretty little albino willows! They're bound to flourish under your care and be big and fat in no time.

We all have our "special" lists of what fish we're allowed to get no matter what -- and these were yours! Enjoy!

Beautiful :) Congrats on the new additions :)

They were very lethargic in the shop so I was a bit concerned,the shop does not really look after their fish that well and under normal circumstances I wouldn't entertain buying a fish there.

But since being placed in the QT tank they have been grubbing around heads down and have had a few frozen bloodworm so hopefully they just needed some decent water and a bit of flow and oxygen :)

The tank has a black background and a very thin sprinkle of black gravel so they really show up well,I'm a bit smitten :D

They are so sweet. And really nice to have a pair. I hope they breed for you. They are quite hard to find.

I had two Siamese dolls like yours above but am left with only one now. She is 7 years old and has had babies (only one came out with red eyes as she was bred with a non-albino). She has gotten quite big...but these are dwarf fish and not expected to grow more than 3 inches.

They are exquisite little dolls :Congrats:

Jayne, these are gorgeous! Wow! I've never seen anything like it. I'd have a hard time refraining from calling them "Snow" :) I hope they breed for you.

Congrats.gif , I can see why you had to buy them! I would have done the same!

I think they're very pretty! Congrats on your purchase!

Have you named them?

I would have bought them too! How gorgeous!

Yes, what are their names?

I hope you'll post more pictures soon, these guys are really too cool.

u hit the jackpot dear :)

Thought I'd post a quick update.They are all doing well so far,eating anything and seem to be alert and healthy (crosses fingers)

They don't have names although I have been collectively calling them the three blind mice.

Thanks for all the positive responses,they are not the best quality specimens,tripod tails,single anals etc. but they are very sweet in their own way :)

They are quite elongated at the moment although they are still tiny less than 2" incl. tail,so it'll be fun trying to fatten them up lol!

Very nice albinos Jayne! :Congrats:

-Dennis

Oh wow!! I dont think Ive ever seen albino goldfish!! Congrats on the new beauties! :heart