Hello!

Hello Kokonuts, my name is Red. At the moment my owner cannot steal her bf's computer to shrink her photos and her own computer is a bit pants so she is going to show you all some lovely links rather than enormous pictures. At the moment I'm still sitting in my car, I have done lots of driving today and would quite like some dinner but mum says not until tomorrow. I'm a bit sad because my brother Scar is still waiting for his new car and his new home, but I will soon get to see an old friend and a new one! I wonder if Mariko remembers me? It is lovely to meet you all, I will have mum take some more pics of me when I'm ready to get out my car and explore my new house, it's still a bit daunting at the moment!

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/Picture415.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/Picture414.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/taperecorders/Picture413.jpg

Mum says I look like a golfball with a hat on :)

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! I'm so glad you got him! :D I've never seen a pearlie that nice from a LFS, looks straight from a Goldfish Connection auction or something! Cuteness. You are so lucky!

Edited by Sakura

Squee! Red is SO CUTE! Congratulations -- you're going to LOVE having a pearlie! They're tons of fun. I'm so glad you decided to get him.

If Red turns up missing one day, and Mariko and Rusty say something about the U.S. and California, pay them no mind .... Whistle.gif

Thanks guys :) I think he makes a nice final addition to the tank, hopefully he likes all the plants :) He's in my old tank for QT for a few weeks now.

And RD what's wrong with Mariko and Rusty that you wouldn't steal them too?! :rofl

I actually think in some ways he looks a bit better on camera condition-wise, you can't see the tattiness of some of his scales, he's not GC quality, but you can't see his chirpy little character :) I'll get some non-bag pics tomorrow :)

:welcome Red. You sure are a lucky little fellow not only are you cuteness itself but to top it all off today you got yourself the best mum! Lucky you. I hope you have a nice long happy life in your new home with your new pals Mariko and Rusty. :heart:heart:heart Edited by caitie

And RD what's wrong with Mariko and Rusty that you wouldn't steal them too?! rofl3.gif

LOL! While I think orandas are absolutely adorable, and I've had more than a few in my fishkeeping lifetime, right now they're just not my cup of tea -- I'm too obsessed with ranchus and ... hmmm, what else? ... oh, yes ... PEARLSCALES!!!! fish.gif

Can't wait to see pics of Red soon out of his bag! I'm so jealous of his size -- I'll be doing a happy dance when/if mine ever get that big. banana.gif

And RD what's wrong with Mariko and Rusty that you wouldn't steal them too?! rofl3.gif

LOL! While I think orandas are absolutely adorable, and I've had more than a few in my fishkeeping lifetime, right now they're just not my cup of tea -- I'm too obsessed with ranchus and ... hmmm, what else? ... oh, yes ... PEARLSCALES!!!! fish.gif

Can't wait to see pics of Red soon out of his bag! I'm so jealous of his size -- I'll be doing a happy dance when/if mine ever get that big. banana.gif

I share your love for Ranchus, they are great. I just can't seem to find a soft spot for pearscales though. Although, there was a point where I didn't much like Ryukins, but they're growing on me. So you never know, I could end up with a pearscale in my tank someday.

Edited by Locke

Locke, I never used to like pearlscales either, or ranchus, and I didn't really like the wens on orandas. I really think that a lot of fancy goldfish are an acquired taste. I started with a red cap oranda without a wen, and I didn't realise he'd grow one. When I did find out at first I was very 'my fish is going to grow a brain...yuk.' but I spent ages looking at pics of redcaps and when his wen started growing in I was most excited and couldn't wait to see how he'd look. I lost him due to complete and utter newbieness - he was in a 1 gallon tank and I'm amazed he lived the month he did. I've had the oranda bug ever since (and bigger tanks). Same with ranchus and pearlies, I used to find dorsel-less fish just didn't look right to me, now I don't mind them and there are some very cute ones on here, and pearlies look like golfballs. I prefer the crowned ones to the non-crowned otherwise they look froggy to me and don't like them so huge they look blubbery but I do think they're cute, and now I own one! A year ago I never would have considered one.

Thanks for the comments guys :) And thanks Edith for your faith in me! I hope he's a trooper...I'm sure I'm not done with mistakes in my goldie-keeping...