Dream Tank

OK...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fish-tank-with-stand-collection-only_W0QQitemZ230445506213QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item35a79f5ea5#ht_500wt_1182

It's a clean up job and it doesn't have a lid but it's HUGE. I do need to upgrade since the unexpected addition to the family but this baby holds 99 GALLONS

...omg...

Only less than a day left on it. :|

What do you guys think?

xxx

Looks like it would cost a fortune to clean up and may be badly scratched up too. I would go look but would not hold my breath on this one. May cost more to fix up then to just wait on another used tank.

Looks like it would cost a fortune to clean up and may be badly scratched up too. I would go look but would not hold my breath on this one. May cost more to fix up then to just wait on another used tank.

I know and right now I'm not sure where I'd put it except the living room I guess or in storage. All I keep thinking about is that it'd set me up for life!

Don't think it's going to happen... it's too last-minute and I don't have anywhere to put it right now. If this was two or three years down the line it'd be perfect! Such a shame :(

Gotta keep looking I guess.

I found another one, I had to search quite a lot because it didn't come under the usual "aquarium" search but...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110503634685&_trksid=p2759.l1259#ht_500wt_1182

I don't know what I'd do with that fish though because I know nothing about tropicals. Anyone want it? :P

We often have second hand tanks etc. in hubbys shop.If you can travel to Dudley to collect I could keep an eye open.What size,price etc did you want?

Jayne I haven't heard from you in so long :)

That would be fab if you could look, I can't drive yet but I can find some other form of transport I am sure!

I'd like a 50gal preferably with a stand because in my next house if I had a tank without a stand there may not be anywhere to put it! I quite like just the basic metal stands, without cupboards etc, but cupboardy bits are fine lol

If you're looking on ebay I didn't strike gold until I searched for Juwel, Fluval and Clearseal. I'd spent two months searching for aquarium, fishtank and fish tank and wasn't getting anywhere, but within one search of the brands I'd bought my tank and was arranging to pick it up next day.

Bear in mind that as you're rehoming your single tails, you do not need a new tank, same as I didn't, so take your time when you look, don't buy the first tank you see. Mine's a 180 litre/47 US gallon bowfront and I love it so much. I don't think I'll upgrade or get another tank, not for a long time at least. But as you won't be overstocked, please don't rush into this. It's a big commitment and often a big investment. Don't buy something just because it's cheap if it's not exactly what you want. And don't buy the biggest tank you can find either. Personally I would stick with just the 20 gallon and two fancies until you know how you're going to be setup after uni. I move every year, a tank bigger than my current one was absolutely not an option, so there was no point even looking. There was a 6ft tank going cheap near me, but there was no way I was getting it. I don't have the space, the time or the desire for a tank that size. Please don't buy a tank just for the sake of it, by all means look, but let the right tank find you. It might take a long time but it'll happen when it's supposed to.

Yeah the thing is the two single tails wont be rehomed for a while yet, therefore I want to get either another 20gal and separate the singles from the fancies or another bigger one and eventually get rid of the 20gal.

Thanks for the heads up on looking at named tanks!