Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Does Anyone Have A Black Shark?

How big of a tank do you have him in? I read online at least 75 gal, but from the description of their size, I would guess 200+ would be more like it!

What do you feed your black shark? They are omnivores, so fresh fruit and veggies, plus some meat, I've read frozen beef hearts....(Sick!!) where on earth would I even find a beef heart? (Vegitarian here!)

And pellets. What kind of pellets would such a fish eat?

I've also heard that they are very good jumpers....so keep the tank covered, don't think I'll ever forget to do that again.....

Hmmm what else did I read, oh they are usually aggressive and or murderous LOL. And they like to hide, so he needs a cave.

This is all stuff that I read online, so I would like to verify it with anyone familar with Black Sharks. You never know if you can trust the stuff that you find online. :rolleyes:

I don't have a Black Shark yet, but I am contemplating it. He is rammed in a 15-20 gal at the store and can hardly turn around......... plus he reminds me of a big carp. He also costs a lot, so that's why I'm contemplating :lol

Jessica

mmm thats prob rite. I saw one at the pet store and it was in a big one it didn't move that much.

sorry jess i dont know too much about them, not even seen one before, ill see what i can find, and bump this up for you :)

not been looking long... is this what he is by any chance ?

I hadn't heard of them either... there's not a whole lot of info on them on the 'net, is there? But I did find a few pages. I'm guessing you're talking about Morulius chrysophekadion... that's the only fish I could find that was called just "black shark."

I found a dutch page, and with the "help" of a web page translator, it said that they eat mostly vegetable matter, and they make it hard to have a planted tank.

Thanks Kev and May!

May, that is the one. In the fish store he was attacking a zuccini sp. I looked them up online but did not find a whole lot of info.

I have not bought him yet, I'm still thinking about it and researching. He is HUGE and I would need a very large tank for him.

He is rammed into a 15 gal at the store and can barely turn around. :(

Kev that you for the link. I don't think that is the fish I was talking about though. He does look similar though!

Jessica

The one at the best store was quite it was like 20' inchs big