[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? -

[*]Nitrite Level? -

[*]Nitrate level? -

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.5ish

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? same^

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drop

[*]Water temperature? Roomish, room is 70

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gal, a few months

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 90% every few days

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 guppies, a deformed minnow, two inch-ish ryukins, one 1.5inch-ish ryukin

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Dechlorinator

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Flakes, gel food (peas, tuna, spinach)

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? Nope

[*]Any medications added to the tank? Has been through Jungle anti fungus and a few saltings, but nothing now.

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? -

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? -

So, I have this floaty fish, and I can't figure out how to make him stop floating. I tried fasting, peas, different food, massive water changes, small water changes. This guy keeps floating. It has gotten worse since I got him, but he was floaty to being with.

I keep my levels under control, the tang is fairly well established..

It seems to always float to one side, and the side is bulging and sort of misshapen. I think there might be something sticking out of it, but I can not tell..? He will swim down if someone comes to the tank, or for food, but sort of floats around otherwise.

DSC05250.jpg

DSC05249.jpg

DSC05248.jpg

Here's a video, you can see his stomach floats up then flips to that same side it always does...

th_MOV05251.jpg

Thanks for reading.

YOu do not say what your ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels on your tank are - but I strongly suspect that they are not what they should be. In a ten gallon tank, with a strong filter and a well-established biofilter, you can easily keep ONE medium or small goldfish - as long as you are willing to change out at least 50% of the water at least once a week.

In a tank that has 3 goldfish, a minnow, 4 guppies and multiple snails, I fear that your tank is not healthy at all. Ammonia can seriously damage a fish - making them have all kinds of problems. NitrIte is far far more dangerous, still - and a tank that has only been running for a couple of months may not be fully cycled. Mine never are at 2 months - it usually takes far longer than that! If your tank IS cycled, nitrAtes are just as disturbing to a small fish - particularly if it has previously experienced ammonia or nitrite in the past - injuring and damaging it's internal organs.

I would suggest the first thing you do it find a tub or something and separate off the minnow and guppies. Remove ALL the water from the tank and replace it 100% with clean new water. Add in the dechlorinator and then the fish. You will need to do this - 100% change each and EVERY day for a while. Testing your water is the only thing that will allow you to tell when and if you can stop the water change - so see if you can get some water tests. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are the most important ones. When you are at the store, see if you can pick up some Amquel+ or Prime. Both will help detoxify ammonia or nitrite and will help your fish wait the 24 hours between water changes.

Fast those little fishes for a day or so.

Look into getting a MUCH larger tank. Goldfish - even little guys need a LOT of water volume because they are VERY VERY Messy fish. 10 gallons is really considered the MINIMUM you should have for ONE goldfish.

Good luck. I hope your little guy will turn around with some good water.