Orange Attack!

austinado16

Oranges are in season and our orange tree is full. What better snack for single tails that orange slices! I started them off with a couple of thinly slided "wheels." Those lasted maybe a minute. So then I gave them a small wedge. They worked on that for a while, and ate it right down to the soft white inside the peel. So they got their vitamin C and their bioflavanoids today, and got to posture around the tank like sharks with their dorsal fins all proud.

Here's my small 4" Comet, moving in for the kill...

OrangeAttack.jpg

I love watching goldies eat orange, it always reminds me of a shark attack or something! :P

And your orange tree is bearing fruit?! I can't tell you how insanely jealous I am! I bought a few tulips at the grocery store the other night just to remind myself that someday spring will come! :rofl

Boiled broccoli? Yuk!!! Goldfish are finned 2 year olds.......no wonder they wouldn't touch that!!

I feed mine avocado chunks, lemon pulp, cuccumber slices, and orange slices or wedges. That's sort of their mid-day snack.

They have trained me that; I can either feed them what they want, when they want it, or they'll just pull up all the real plants, and eat either the roots off, or the leaves off. I'm having a hard time admitting that they are capable of throwing and/or getting even with me......but I think they are/can/do.