Fish Is Acting Wierd

Jmoya

The other day after I came home from school I saw my precious blackmoor, Othelo, lying on the bootm of the tank. after carefully inspecting him, I noticed a small cut and several tiny white dots on his abdomen. There definatly not tubricules. My fantail Sunset, little sister named him yuck, also had it today. I think he has a combination of body flukes and ick. I just need some reasurrance and some help on the action. Here I alredy have the test results for that stuff

[*]Ammonia Level? don't know. Test kit doesn't have that

[*]Nitrite Level?0

[*]Nitrate level? 0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?ph-7.0,gh-180,kh-40

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?ph 7.0,gh-60,kh-0

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?API and I use strips.

[*]Water temperature?68 degrees fahrenhiet

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?10gal for months

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?Aqueon CA20 witch is good up to 20 gal.

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?Every other day, about 15%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 fish, yes it is overcrowded, at about 2" a peice,3" at largest

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?I only add Water conditioner to remove ammonia and chorine

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?Feed them peas lettuce and freeze-dried bloodworms twice a day(not all at one time, differnent type each feeding).

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? nope just my original 4

[*]Any medications added to the tank?NO

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?White spots(Ick I think)

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?stays at the bottom until I walk over then swims hapilly to greet me.

First I would take some water to a pet shop that has API drops and test your water. Both tap and tank water. And then buy yourself a 40 gallon or larger tank or rubber maid with a filter or two that does 400gph. Also get yourself API drop master test kit.

Bump the tank temp up to about 85 (may have to add an air stone too) and while they have ich add salt according to the instructions on the box.

Once you can get them the proper size tank/tub and filtration they should be easier to care for and do much better. This is something I would do for my fish ASAP.

While they are in that tiny tank I would up the water changes daily at 80% a day. Be sure to match the temp and add salt as needed.

Good Luck

I agree that doing larger water changes and looking for a rubbermaid is the way to go. Is there any way you could get a photo of the spots so we can be sure it's ich? Also, why do you suspect body flukes? Have your fish been flashing/rubbing?