Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the most active happy looking sick fish I've ever seen! He seems completely unphased! What a little trooper :wub:

So far so good! Still swimming well and he only flips over once in a while. For some reason I can't feed him the same thing twice in a row. :rolleyes: If I feed him 2 meals of gel food or peas or egg whites he'll float. So I have to do a rotation of his foods and then he seems fine. Not sure but I'm beginning to think the 'happy little trooper' is pulling my leg. :hummm

Edited by caitie

:Jig::Jig::Jig: looking so good!

Love in my tummy he sure seems to have! :D :teeheeAnd I quite understand how he cheered you up after a very bad day:k055:

Go Bandit :flex:

Thanks guys. :)

Bandit seems to be better everyday even if he has taken to sleeping belly up at the bottom of the tank. :rolleyes: Gave me a few scares the first day or two. :rofl

I've decided he deserves a new decor in his tank so tomorrow I will change things in his home. Since he is controlling his swimming I will be adding some bubbles in there, and he got a new background and maybe a silk plant. That might make it a bit more interesting for him so he won't nap as much. ;)

banditbackground.jpg

Edited by caitie

Well we're not totally in the clear yet. :( I just noticed that Bandit has another lump that just came out in his bum area again. I can see little white nodules in the lump. He doesn't seem otherwise affected, he isn't swollen except for the lump which is quite pronounced and like the last one it is quite pointy.

Imo do you think this means he needs another round of AP food or can I just wait to see what happens?

I just checked up on Bandit and the eye which is on the same side as his lump seems to be bigger as if he has a touch of pop eye there. Not sure what is going on here again. :( He's due for a wc tomorrow so maybe I'll add some salt and see if that helps.

Yes I would do another round Edith..sigh...just when things were going so well for you guys. Sounds like a repeat.

Yes I would do another round Edith..sigh...just when things were going so well for you guys. Sounds like a repeat.

Thanks Imo. :heart I wonder if he will ever get rid of these? But at least he is not floating or swollen. Do you think I need to do the whole month or only until the lump goes down?

I think I'll get a new bottle of the AP since this was opened in January maybe it isn't as good now?

Edited by caitie

Very hard to say. A new bottle of food is always a bonus as you can be sure (unless its been sitting on the shelf for 3 years lol) it is going to best quality. If you can manage it. It depends on the kind of climate you have, storage temp -most of all air humidity, and how long it is left open after feeding each time etc... so many variants on how long it keeps. I like vacuum packed bags of food as they can be stored much more safely than packs and bottles which always have air in them.

Bandit had a really rough day today. :ill

He can't seem to control his swimming at all so he sort of does spirals all over the tank. He is still eating but I have to hand feed him since he won't get the food on his own.

Today was his third day on the AP food again and his lump is still very visible. His tummy has that rash again and he has something dark in his side. I don't know if I can explain this right but it is the shape and size of a small kidney bean, I can see it through his flesh. It isn't sticking out it's more like something, maybe one of his organs is becoming dark. This is on the same side as that lump he has. I've tried and tried getting it to show up on a picture but nothing doing. This is situated more on his side but it goes down towards his under belly. Oh and his eye is also popping out more.

I don't think there is anything extra we can do for him except ride this out like all the other times he has scared me crazy, and just hope this also resolves itself. I just needed to get it out because around me no one really understands why I keep fighting for Bandit, at least here we get some support. :heart

Oh no, poor Bandit! I feel so bad for the little guy, he has been through so much and really just deserves a break! You deserve a break too Edith! No matter what anybody else says, it is very admirable that you are fighting for this little guy. :hug

Oh no Edith...that doesn't sound good at all, but remember, this is Bandit we're talking about and Bandit is a tough little fishie! Let's hope this is just another bump in the road and he'll get through it ok. Hugs to you and Bandit :hug

No change in Bandit today. :(

I wish I had a better camera so that I could get a picture of that dark spot in his body, it is really bugging me. I want to know what that thing is, even if I can't do anything about it.

If you compare this pic can you say where the black bean lump is hun? Is it the liver or kidney (more side)..?

Fish-Anatomy.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Imo. :)

Actually looking at you image it looks like the shape of the liver but it is closer to the anal fins. I'd be tempted to say it might be the intestines according to that anatomy pic, but he's had it for the last couple of days.

I managed to get a very blurry pic. It looks like a shadow but I've looked at it under different lights and also while he is in different positions and it really is there.

bandit17-06-10046.jpg

hmmm...could it be we are in for another expulsion of "those wriggly things" :unsure: I agree, intestinal most likely (which is actually the better outcome thing).

Hang in! :heart Is Bandit still eating the AP happily?