Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for asking Susan. :) Still no change. It seems stable for now. His body is still bent in a c shape, he is eating a bit and mostly resting on the bottom. But the sore he had on his tummy got very swollen yesterday and now it is only a little pinprick. :idont

Our little Bandit has not done anything 'typically' since this whole thing began-it's how he's managed to surprise us all so many times :thud I am going to keep my fingers crossed,and say a little prayer,that he somehow manages to defy the 'rules' again here. Furthermore,it is my hope and prayer,that the same reversal that occurred w/ his tummy,was just his 1st step back to good health-an 'un-spiriling',if you will,from this last setback :heart :heart

You are so sweet Susan. :heart

It is true that he never does the expected. :D I guess with him it will always be a wait and see game. I'm just glad I didn't act too quickly the other day, another lesson Bandit has taught me. Let nature do what it has to do whenever possible. :)

Hi Susan. :)

Yes he is still eating, not with as much gusto as before but still he is eating three small meals a day. He is mostly resting though, he only swims to eat or if you knock a little bit on his glass. His body is still in a slight c-shape. At least he isn't floaty anymore. And all the little red sores he had have healed very well.

I think any one of us would have :hug Each and every time he has had something crop up,I've thought 'ught oh,this is it',so I can only imagine the roller coaster you've been on :undecided: You both continue to amaze me,hang in there :heart

I'm finding since this last crisis that I am not letting the rollercoaster get to me as much anymore. :) As Imo pointed out to me there isn't much that I or anyone else can do for him at this point except take care of his needs and keep him comfy. He is so stunted that at some point his organs will fail. :(bvSo I've pretty much accepted that when the time comes he'll go but until then I can do the best for him. :heart Emotionally it is a lot easier on me then when I felt I had to do something or try a new treatment. Now I just try and enjoy him while I have him. :)

Hey Sarah. I hope you're enjoying your vacation. :)

No change in Bandit. He has some really bad red streaks in his tail but I can't quite figure out why. :undecided: His water is always Ammo: 0 Nitrites: O and Nitrates well below 5. He is still getting 100% wc everyday.

But the little worm in his dorsal fin fell out so I'm happy about that. It was driving me nuts seeing it there. :rolleyes:

give him some RedBull :rofl

Good idea Federica, maybe worth a shot, or I might just keep it for me. :tomuch:

And we all love having him here! He brings so much joy to his kokos family.

Thanks Amy. :heart

Today is a good day for Bandit. The red streaks in his tail are almost all gone and he was swimming around quite a bit. His appetite is also back to normal. He is in a c shape only when he floats at the top now. :)

Here is a little video of him taken tonight. He still has his own unique swimming style. :rolleyes:

th_Bandittonight.jpg

Thank you ladies. :heart This time he really surprised us. One of my friends has suggested taking bets every time he takes a turn for the worst. :D

Next time I'll try not to scare everyone, promise. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking Sarah. :) He is still the same. I really didn't think he would make it this time, but he is still with us. :heart He only swims around for a few minutes everyday but he is eating well. He gets these really weird red sores on his body that come and go. :undecided: He'll have a big red sore in the morning and by night time it's gone. I have no idea what that is all about. But all in all I think he is doing as well as we can expect. :)