Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping all your good thoughts will help my little Bandit tonight. I got home a couple of hours ago and went to turn on his light but I couldn't see him at first. He had wedged himself in a corner of his tank behind his clay pot, headstanding and not moving, it took a lot of persuading to get him to move away from there. Now he has gone back to floating at the top in a c-shape. He ate a pellet or two of the AP food but didn't seem to have the energy to eat the rest. :( I guess I'll let him be quiet for the night and we'll see in the morning how he's doing.

I noticed he had a small white thing on his dorsal fin almost attached in the flesh at the base near his head. At first I thought it might be his fin shredding a bit but looking at it tonight it almost looks like a small anchor worm or something similar. I'm pretty sure it can't be an anchor worm but what else could attach himself like that? I can't get a decent pic because I would have to catch him and put him a container, I don't think he needs that stress right now.

It'll be a worm of some sort. Not anchor, others can attach too. Nothing you can do right now I think. It will not be the main cause of his present condition.

Im so sorry :(

Thanks Imo. :heart

It is really very weird because his tail and his dorsal fin look like they are turning milky white and as if they are thickening. When I left this morning they looked normal. I realize there is nothing to do for him now but I'm curious about this, wondering if it is due to organ failure or the worms?

Thanks for asking Susan. :) It's been a rough day for him and for us. :crying: He is not getting better this time, I think he ran out of miracles poor little guy. :( He is getting more and more bent, he can only swim in corkscrews when he does try to swim. He stays wedged behind his little pot or floating at the top on his side. He has developped two very red and angry sores on his tummy. On and off during the day I've been considering euthanizing him but I can't quite bring myself to do it yet. He is still eating a bit so I am putting off the dirty work, but I think eventually I will have to do it. As Imo already mentioned there is nothing more we can do for him now, I just don't want him to suffer.

• Supporter

oh edith.. the strongest support hugs your way.. :cry1

the poor little fella.. he tries so hard... you are so wonderful to him, to all your pets!! i don't know what else to say edith, you know how we all feel...

oh bandit, we love you soooooo... :heart

OMGoodness,Edith :cry You have been,and continue to be,an incredible Mom to Bandit :heart There is no doubt in my mind,whatsoever,that you will do will do what is best for him :heart ,as you've done so many times in the past :heart I wish I could be there to hold your hand,and give you a hug :heart Let us know what you decide,when you do decide. My thoughts and prayers continue your way :heart

Thanks Susan. This is a very hard decision for me because I keep thinking he'll bounce back, but this time seems very different. I'm just so happy I have all of you guys and your support. :heart I should have been better prepared for this since Bandit has pretty much been living on borrowed time as my dad says, but I really did think he would make it, even if he would never be a totally normal goldie.

Anyways thanks for the support. :heart

Thank you Amy and Federica. :heart

Unfortunately no improvement. He is resting right now, but the sores on his tummy are getting so red. I added some salt in his water tonight, hoping to help him along but I don't know if it will help. :undecided: I'm pretty much taking things one hour at a time, until I can work up the courage to do what needs to be done. :(

I was almost scared to open this thread and see your latest reply. You've fought so hard, both of you have, for so long. Whatever the outcome you have our full support and we're all sending you lots of hugs and love from all over the world. You have shown so much strength and determination bringing him through this far when I know a lot of us would have given up months ago not realising how much sheer bottle such a tiny fish can have. You and Bandit have been an inspiration to everyone here on Koko's who've been honoured to share your journey with you. Whatever happens, we love you both :hug

Thank you Sarah, I guess I should be happy to have had him this long, since I lost the others very quickly when they got sick. I never would have saved him if I hadn't found Koko's tho, for that I'm very grateful because I found so many friends here who understand and really care. :heart I just wish this had another outcome possible.

Just a quick update for all of Bandit's followers. :)

He is still hanging on, not worse not better. So I'm just letting him be and giving him a lot of quiet time with good clean water and good food. I'll keep you updated if anything changes. :heart