Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Susan and Helen, right now I'll take any little change for the better as a sign of improvement. :rolleyes:

You guys must be sending tons of positive thoughts his way because he seems better tonight. :)

Since this afternoon he has stopped floating at the top but he is still flipped over at the bottom now. I would say he is now swimming around 1/3 of the time, the rest he spends resting, but that is better than two days ago because then he was only swimming to eat.

His bruising doesn't seem as dark and he is almost straight again. His appetite is not completely back but he is eating a little more than 2 days ago.

So all in all I think this is positive. (I hope :undecided: )

He sure is Imo. :) Do you think he will always swing back and forth like that? I know no one can predict what will happen but he always seems to go to death's door and then he does a complete turn around. I'm not complaining but it is exhausting emotion wise.

Oh Edith,I am SOOOO happy to see he is better :heart But,I swear,none of us should be the least bit surprised! ;) He's the miracle that keeps giving/happening :wub: I can only imagine your emotional ehhaustion :stars:hug He is 1 :flex: (tough little guy) :heart

Thank you so much guys for following me on this roller coaster called Bandit. :D It helps having all of your good thoughts and support. :heart

He sure is Imo. :) Do you think he will always swing back and forth like that? I know no one can predict what will happen but he always seems to go to death's door and then he does a complete turn around. I'm not complaining but it is exhausting emotion wise.

I bet it is :blink::( And yes :). You owe your colony of good bacteria a high 5. and your own hard work of daily water changes. I am sure that is what has kept him bouncing back each time.

How is our little Bandit today :heart?

Thanks for checking up on us Imo. :heart He is about the same, he eats well and swims around 1/3 of the time, the rest he spends resting. But he looks okay except that he seems to have very little control over his swimming recently. His bruising is completely gone. :) And his poop (such an important thing :D ) is completely normal.

So all in all I think he is doing very well.

Just to keep everyone up to date. I've been seeing some empty poop casings all day today and he has his little lump near his butt coming back. There is some floating at the top also. I guess this is why his swimming was so erratic yesterday.

I think it must be some worms again so unless Imo has another opinion tomorrow I will start him on another round of fresh Jungle anti parasite food.

Thanks Imo, at least he is still acting excited about everything so I take that as a good sign always. :)

OMG Edith,where do you think these darn worms come from? :wa You guys cannot catch a break here :tonge: Fingers crossed for another round :pan -my money is on you and Bandit :hug:heart

Thanks Susan.:hug

The worms were encysted in his body, which is why the meds don't get them but periodically some seem to hatch. But this time I'm confident because we seemed to have broken the cycle a while back and with this new batch I'm getting the meds into him before I actually see the worms in the tank. Here's to hoping Bandit will be strong enough to win this round again. :flex: