Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

Yeah he is back to spinning a little bit but over all he is still swimming better than before. Hope Addie is not too bad? We really should get those two hooked up together. :yeah: What a sight!

Did you see his little video in the video section? You can really see he swims better in it. I think he likes to watch the danio in the tank right next to him, it keeps him active. :)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the video this morning, he's certainly got his own little style! He seems just as happy upside down as the right way up! Funny little fishie rolleyes.gif:) You can compare twizzliness with Addie's videos :)

Have you seen anymore worms?

I saw the video this morning, he's certainly got his own little style! He seems just as happy upside down as the right way up! Funny little fishie rolleyes.gif:) You can compare twizzliness with Addie's videos :)

Have you seen anymore worms?

Just compared Addie's twizzliness. :D Bandit just developed another swimming style, he now likes to swim on his side. He swims perfectly normally but on his side. :doh11: I have great hopes that one day he'll discover which is right way up. :D

Anyways no new worms except for those white spots on his fins but they seem to be responding to 0.2% salt. :)

:undecided: I'm not sure if I need to worry about this or not. Since taking the salt up to 0.2% the white spots have disappeared from his fins. So I removed the salt and decided not to do the prazi since the spots were gone.

A few days ago he started swimming on his side, I didn't worry.

Since yesterday he will just float around the tank on his side letting the current push him around. He still swims (in a corkscrew) when he wants to go somewhere, like for food. But otherwise he just sort of drifts around on his side.

He keeps scaring my mom, she thinks he's dead when he does that. :yikes

Oh and he doesn't float at the top but about mid level.

Since I test his water every day I know there is no ammonia showing up, tonight right before his wc he had 0.1 nitrites usually he has none, I'm not sure where that came from, and well below 5 of nitrates. He is still getting 100% daily wc with a complete tank wipe down and rinsing of all decorations.

I'm not overly worried but I am wondering what he is cooking up for me. :peeka

Any ideas?

Edited by caitie

I'm a little more worried today. He was pretty much inactive all day,barely swimming except to eat and even then he wasn't his usual little pig. I really have no idea what he's up to again. He isn't swollen at all so I doubt it has anything to do with worms and the water tested perfect today?

I just snapped a picture of him a few minutes ago. This is how he has been pretty much all day, it looks as though he is starting to curve a little bit. :(

betta148.jpg

This does not look good Edith.

Im so sorry...this is not a good position.

No prazi and no salt in there as of today right?

Thats best. Fresh water.

When did he last eat?

Any poop?

Thanks for stopping by Imo. :)

No prazi no salt since yesterday.

He ate some gel food this afternoon about 1/2 of what he usually has. I will feed him his bedtime snack in a few minutes and see if he'll eat a bit more.

He is still pooping normal poop. A lot of it.

Edit: He just ate a little bit of gel food again.

Edited by caitie

Thanks Helen and Susan for the moral support. :heart

Imo I'll quote my response to your last post so you don't have to read back.

Thanks for stopping by Imo. :)

No prazi no salt since yesterday.

He ate some gel food this afternoon about 1/2 of what he usually has. I will feed him his bedtime snack in a few minutes and see if he'll eat a bit more.

He is still pooping normal poop. A lot of it.

Edit: He just ate a little bit of gel food again.

And I just noticed while feeding him that it looks like he has bruises inside on the side that is in a c-shape.

..yes. This is organ failure. Organ damage :(

He is so tiny. He puts up such a fight, I almost believe he can deal with this too.

Dont give up. Feed him tiny amounts for srength. Keep everything routine, same.

GOOD that he eats a little GOOD that his poop is normal with no bleeding.

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Thanks Imo.

I was afraid that was the problem when I saw the bruising just now. :( I will do as you say and just try and keep him comfortable. He really is a fighter but right now he just looks so sad. :cry1

I know!!!!:cry1

But he may make it. Again..as he always has..

I remember a fish here (member called Fred) who had a comet in the dreaded C curve. He was like that for days and then suddenly corrected himself and is still alive as far as I know. Never give up :heart I know you dont :)

Watch for bleeding in the poop and his stopping eating. These are two very bad signs.

Luckily he is fine on both right now :)

Thanks Imo, that's encouraging. Hopefully he'll pull through as you say. It isn't the first time he has me in tears at night and laughing at his tricks in the morning, we'll see.

I'll keep an eye on things and let you know what happens one way or another. :heart

• Supporter

edith,

i offer you my strenth as i hold your spirit in my heart and embrace. you are such a wonderful mummy to bandit and he loves you truley.. you are an inspiration to us all and you will continue to be. i know this, as it's your character.. bandit has touched the hearts of all of us through your loving care and determination. you've allowed us to experience his progress and fall in love with him and you.

thank you, i really am happy that you have become a part of my life, and i am sorry that the news isn't good for bandit. times like this, i wish i was closer.

helen

I'm so sorry hun! I know how you feel, after all he's been through, you really do expect him to pull out of it once again. The other signs do look encouraging, though, as Trinket says. :heart My heart goes out to you and little Bandit.

Thank you! All of you, I won't name everyone of you but all your kind words are so encouraging. I'm so glad I stumbled upon Koko's one year ago and found such a great bunch of people, it really does feel like a great big family, but better cause we all love our goldies and understand how attached we become to them.

:heart :heart :heart

I was very afraid of what I would find this morning but he is just like yesterday, no better no worse. He did eat all his breakfast so I take that as a good sign. :)

Now it is just a waiting game I guess. :unsure:

oh boy this makes me sad. :cry1 poor little Bandit, such a fighter though. I'm sorry I don't have anything good to say, I kinda just went through this too BUT Bandit seems 2b in FAR BETTER condition then my poor Howie. If there's any way I can help let me know, I'm not sure what route you are going w/ him but I do have some med food (mm's) if you should happen 2 need it?--sorry I can't remember if he is or isn't on med food. oh but keep the meals light maybe, I did a bad thing and feed too much and I think made things worse. anyway, I'm sending love and hugs your way. :heart:hug

Thank you Martha, it means a lot that you stopped by especially after what you went through with Howard. :heart

Thank you for the offer of the meds, right now we are taking a break from everything and hopefully it will give him a chance to recover. Thanks for the over feeding warning I tend to do that with him too, I try to compensate for his being sick I guess. :rolleyes:

There is a slight slight improvement since his body is not in that c form tonight. Now he just floats belly up at the top. But he ate and swam around a little bit so I'm cautiously hopeful once again. :)