Bandit Flipping Over

caitie

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for all the support. :heart I'm just happy that he is finally on the mend because without Koko's I know he wouldn't have pulled through. :)

He really is!!! He's like the little engine that could but in fishie form :) Hooray Bandit!

Allie around my house we call him our little Duracell fishie, because he never stops. :rofl

He so is the Duracell Fishie! I'm so pleased you can see a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully Bandit will have many years as a nearly normal fishie (he'll never quite get there and I don't think we'd have him any other way :) )

You've been a star with him and I really hope this is broken so you can both have a well deserved rest! :heart

He so is the Duracell Fishie! I'm so pleased you can see a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully Bandit will have many years as a nearly normal fishie (he'll never quite get there and I don't think we'd have him any other way :) )

You've been a star with him and I really hope this is broken so you can both have a well deserved rest! :heart

Thanks Sarah. :)

As soon as I can stop doing those daily 100% wc's and wiping down all the surfaces I'll try and get him a 10 gallon tank. Poor little guy if he decides to grow even a tiny bit his little qt tank will be way too small. He so deserves a bigger home. :heart

I have a silly question to ask but I really would like to have some opinions on this. Bandit is still doing great, no bloating, no floating and he only occasionally sleeps on his back now. :nana Of course his swimming is still weird, but that is Bandit. :wub:

My question is: should I let him eat as much as he wants? What I mean is he is very tiny and I know the worms he had were pretty much taking all his food but now that he is in a worm free phase should I let him eat a lot and should I maybe feed him a gel food with more protein, kinda like the one you would give to young goldies. I want to give him a chance to build up his strength in case this isn't completely over.

When I say he eats a lot I mean a lot, he gets the same amount as Hercules does (Hercules is about 2 or 3 times bigger than Bandit) but three times a day whereas the others get fed once a day. He isn't constipated and he has no trailing poos like you usually have when you overfeed, his poos are normal and short. But he could def eat more if I gave it to him, I know because my mom fed him a time or two some extra food these last few days. She said he looked like he was starving. :rolleyes:

great to hear he is still well!

the feeding thing is what I have been doing with Dr.House for the past few weeks now - and boy has she put on some good weight and is starting to really grow. She gets Saki Hikari in the morning, a pea in the afternoon and either saki hikari or krill at night. she totally loves it and i just watch out for trailing poop - if it ever comes up I just cut down the sizing a bit.

:bingo:

I would definitely feed him up, he needs to start building his strength back up again incase there's a rebound (or even if there's not!), protein definitely, maybe Vit C if you can and lots of PEAS for pooping! :rofl If you can give him lots of little portions and he's fine processing it, I definitely would :D Little piggie :rofl

Yeah I do that with the others, feed according to their poo. :whatjust: Someone said we were obsessed with poo on this forum and I'm starting to believe them. :rofl

But to get back to Bandit I just always feel like I'm walking on eggs with him. I want to give him all the chances possible, but I'm afraid of messing up now that he's on the mend. Silly I know, but now that everyone in the family is second guessing me where he is concerned I need to be sure of my facts. ;)

Alright , well with both of you guys recommending more food I guess I'll just let the little piggy eat. :bingo:

I put in a multivitamin and some acidophilus in his gel food, I also have mostly peas in his just to help with his floaties.

He's got people all around the world wrapped around his little fins :rofl

Yeah and I'm beginning to feel the pressure, I think my mom will take it very badly if something happens to him now, and it will be entirely my fault. She is even telling me how to do his wc, she has never done a wc in her life!!!!! :D

Yay! Can we have more pictures soon? bandit is so darn cute.

I'll try to get either some pics or a short video when I do his wc later. :D

Bandit is still acting great but I've noticed that his tail has a lot of those whitish lumps I posted about a while back. Last time I used some prazi and they went away, do you think I should do another round of prazi.

Or just raise the salt back up to 0.2%. He still has it at 0.1% I was going to remove it today but since I saw his tail I decided to wait. :undecided:

You could do both I guess. One round of prazi and 0.2% salt for a few days?

Or if you want to stagger, which I try and do always, you could start with 0.2% for 2 days...no result..prazi?

How is he doing swimming-wise Edith? Is he continuing to improve or spinning again? It seems like when Bandit started swimming more propery, Addie started to spin, you better not have sent me the spins from across the pond!