Sign in to follow this  
blackteles

How Are Your Rain Garden Goldies?

I know a few of us within the past few months on Koko's have purchased Rain Garden goldies and I was curious to see how they were doing for you. Here's what's up with my three:

1. Hamlet- my orange telescope- he's HUGE, reminds me of a tuna. Eats like one too. He's doing great, feeling fit and getting fat. :exactly

2. Snow (Snowflake to my kids)- my white telescope- she's pretty big and round too, so round that I don't know how she swims sometimes. She's acclimated well to her new home and she's doing awesome. She looks completely different than her original Rain Garden picture, she's lost just about all of her black markings, has an orange moustache, and I believe she'll be pure white within the next few months. Chandra and I believe Snow's a sister to her Viv, they look very similar.

3. Patch- my orange/black Panda if you will. I've noticed within the past few weeks that he's beginning to lose his black markings and color, especially in his fins and tail. Yes, I think within a year he's going gold. Well, it was fun while it lasted, but ya know, he'll still be one of mine no matter what color he is.

Overall my three RGG's are very tame and have acclimated well. Very happy with my choices! SO how are yours? :)

-Dennis

Mine are good! The trio of ranchus are so cute, friendly. I love them! Vivian is doing a TON better! She is big and is more active. I think her eye injury is actually healed more. I wasn't sure if she would ever not hide in the corner, but she is much more active....so glad to see it. Her eye is much clearer too....not old blood look to it anymore.

And Skittles is living with the koi at my brother's. Going to go check him out today, but hear that is doing well. Gotta be tough to hang with the big guys. I will be curious to see how big he has grown!!!

I had my fat ryukin, Pi, die on me which is very sad. However, Poe, the little black ranchu, is doing fine. Eats like a piggie and does a happy little wiggle dance around the tank all the time. She even laid eggs all over the tank for me last week...too bad I didn't see them until she and Momo had already eaten them all. I really want babies again.

Man, NONE of my fish have ever laid eggs....what is the deal? Is there something I am not doing? Not that I want to raise fry, but would like to witness that mess once!

I have yet to see that happen too....not that I want to, but where would I keep 'em all? :hummm

-Dennis

This thread needs photos of the raingarden kids you've all bought.

And to the guys who want their fish to spawn, Come over here and see the pond at summer. Their 'getting it on' , as bad as that sounds. :rofl

Edited by Amber

I'm always looking on Rain Garden and I fall in love on a regular basis, but I have spent soooo much on my new hobby in the last 6 months that I can't justify the extra $....YET!

My girl is not doing well. I'm so frustrated because I'm doing everything right; I've tried everything I can think of to make things just right for her, but nothing helps. :( I just want to watch a happy healthy fish swimming around my tank. It's getting to where every time I look at her tank I just get stressed about it. I'm hoping things get better because I want to have this fish around for many years.

My girl is not doing well. I'm so frustrated because I'm doing everything right; I've tried everything I can think of to make things just right for her, but nothing helps. :( I just want to watch a happy healthy fish swimming around my tank. It's getting to where every time I look at her tank I just get stressed about it. I'm hoping things get better because I want to have this fish around for many years.

Hey Sakura, very sorry to hear this. What's the problem so maybe we can help?

-Dennis

Mine are all doing great...Ben's chocolate broadtail ryukin (Beef) is super fat and happy. My calico broadtail (spike) fit in to his new home like he had lived there forever and the crown pearlscale (still don't have a name for him yet) is doing great as well:)

Sakura-have you called Steve and talked to him? He might be able to help....I have called him before and he is cool.

Yay!! More Poe eggs this morning.....again....mostly eaten.

WoW! Must be nice and healthy with all those eggs! Good job!

I don't have any Raingarden fish yet... I tried to order a beautiful male telescope from Steve last summer, but he failed the pre-shipping inspection due to injury (apparently injured during breeding), so they had to refund my purchase. :( I'm glad that they have such high standards for quality, but I really wanted that fish because of his unique coloring, and he would have made an excellent mate for my moor.

Thomas,

You should give Steve a call and see if he still has that telescope that you wanted! Couldn't hurt! :)

-Dennis

This thread needs photos of the raingarden kids you've all bought.

Hi Amber,

Go to the Photos area and look for the Rain Garden Babies thread, I think it's on the second page. There's a bunch of Rain Garden goldies photos there that some of us have purchased! ;)

-Dennis