Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trungiie

New Goldfish Aquarium

Guest Trungiie

New to forum, i don't know if it's the right place to write about my new tank. So like the title says, i have set up an 77 gal goldfish tank for a bit over a month now. I'm still very new to the fish keeping hobby. I will write details about my aquarium. Suggestions are welcome :).

77 gallon goldfish aquarium ;

- Holds 8 small-medium goldfish. ( Oranda Lionhead Ranchu Ryukin Celestial eye etc. )

- Filtration : Fluval 405 ( sponge floss bio-max ) + Penguin 350b ( floss / diy catridge ) + aquaclear 20 ( full of biomedia )

- Air pump : Hagen elite 10 gal + Tetra whisper 60 gal

- Few Plants : Java fern and Anubias

So it's been set up for about 7 weeks now. The tank went through lots of troubles. Green water, algae bloom, cloudy water, bacterial bloom etc. But the water is crystal clear now. The fish also had fish lice and all kind of fungus etc. I cured them with cyro pro and melafix pimafix combo.

Suggestion and comments are welcome :)

Curious, how did you get rid of your greenwater+algae bloom+cloudy water+bacterial bloom etc etc??

:welcome

It sounds like your setup is approximately within Koko's standards for filtration and stocking (to follow the rules exactly, you need an other 100 gallons per hour of filter flow, but you may be okay for now :) ).

So now everybody is going to ask for photos. Photos are always welcome and, of course, are often worth a thousand words. :fishtank: You are posting in the correct section for getting help/advice/suggestions. However, should you feel the need to show off, we have a dedicated photo section for showing off fish and tanks: http://www.kokosgold...-photo-section/

Edited by A Penguin

for a 77 gallon fish tank you need 770 gallons per hour and the filters that you are running total 817 so you are more than adiquately filtered for your tank. Do you have a heater and an airstone..If not i would reccommend both of them:) Other than that it sounds like you are doing great! We want pics!

oh lucky ! thats a big tank! and glad all your troubles are now over! no one likes having fish tank problems, some users even considering ending fish kepeing because of it! hopefully you shall never give up. :D and yes pictures pictures! we all want to see!

Wow you have done a great job!

for a 77 gallon fish tank you need 770 gallons per hour and the filters that you are running total 817...

Thanks for correcting my filter arithmetic :)

Guest Trungiie

Thanks everyone for the quick reply! :) Pictures will come in few days as i'm celebrating chinese new year.

Guest Trungiie

Curious, how did you get rid of your greenwater+algae bloom+cloudy water+bacterial bloom etc etc??

Well, I had lots of water problems after adding plants gravel etc. But I never gave up on partial water change and changing the dirty floss/polyester pad ( was all green ) and now algae and cloudy water is gone :)

Welcome to Koko's tank.

Sounds like your off to a good start!

for a 77 gallon fish tank you need 770 gallons per hour and the filters that you are running total 817...

Thanks for correcting my filter arithmetic smile.gif

lol no problem...that's what i'm here for!

Guest Trungiie

New to forum, i don't know if it's the right place to write about my new tank. So like the title says, i have set up an 77 gal goldfish tank for a bit over a month now. I'm still very new to the fish keeping hobby. I will write details about my aquarium. Suggestions are welcome :).

77 gallon goldfish aquarium ;

- Holds 8 small-medium goldfish. ( Oranda Lionhead Ranchu Ryukin Celestial eye etc. )

- Filtration : Fluval 405 ( sponge floss bio-max ) + Penguin 350b ( floss / diy catridge ) + aquaclear 20 ( full of biomedia )

- Air pump : Hagen elite 10 gal + Tetra whisper 60 gal

- Few Plants : Java fern and Anubias

So it's been set up for about 7 weeks now. The tank went through lots of troubles. Green water, algae bloom, cloudy water, bacterial bloom etc. But the water is crystal clear now. The fish also had fish lice and all kind of fungus etc. I cured them with cyro pro and melafix pimafix combo.

Suggestion and comments are welcome :)

Updates : Added some Java moss. Odered a Aquaclear 50 to replace the 20. Removed the hagen 10gal air pump. Added 2 small pleco. Just got rid of ich. Still at school at the moment. Pictures will come by tomorow or in few days! Sorry! :)