Lemons And Goldfish.....funny

austinado16

I clip thinly sliced cucumber inside the tank and they attack that like sharks. But the little bits of lemon pulp are just hilarious. They get a "What the.....?" look on their faces.

I got the idea because I saw at the LSF they had an orange slice clipped to the feeder tank wall and it looked like pirahna's. So I thought it might be funny to surprise them with the twang of a lemon since they apparently have so many taste buds.

My fish LOVE lemon! And grapefruit, too!

Not limes, though I can't blame them. I mean, I LOVE to eat lemons like oranges, (just peel and enjoy) but I can't stand limes. They are too bitter for me.

:rofl I like the comparison to piranhas!

:rofl

Under a rock? :lol

Goldfish can have any fruit they will eat. Just make sure you feed them only AT MOST two or three times a week. Fruit has soo much sugar it isn't the best idea to feed them more than that.

^^Uh...yeah!^^

Fun having a fish that actually eats food. Try cucumber. They eat the center and the seeds first and then as the out get softer they tear chunks out of it too. Pretty fun to watch 'em go at it.

:rofl

Under a rock? :lol

Goldfish can have any fruit they will eat. Just make sure you feed them only AT MOST two or three times a week. Fruit has soo much sugar it isn't the best idea to feed them more than that.

LOL!

Yes...I sleep under rocks at night....shhhhh.

I mean I feed my goldfish bananas....but hey, I never knew they could have more fun things to eat!

^^Uh...yeah!^^

Fun having a fish that actually eats food. Try cucumber. They eat the center and the seeds first and then as the out get softer they tear chunks out of it too. Pretty fun to watch 'em go at it.

Do I have to buy a special clip?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried a peeled grape today...it was a hit!!

Of course my girls act like they have been deprived food for months at every single feeding...I honestly can't imagine them turning up their little goldfish noses at ANYTHING!