Snail Attack?

Gigi

What do baby snails look like? I have these little white slug looking creatures a little bigger than a pen point. I have like 10 of these!!! I soaked my plants in bleach and have had them in the tank for 3 months now. I found a snail a little bigger with a shell zooming across my back tank but can't seem to find him now. The other creatures don't seem to have shells, are they snails or worms?? It's freaking me out. I don't want 10 snails!!! What do I do???

Look at planaria and detritus worms on google and see if these are involved.

No pics?

Snails are honestly fine. I like them as long as they don't populate rampantly but of course, if you overfeed, they will. They prefer to eat decaying plant matter, dead fish and food leftovers.

They are really tiny. They don't look like the worms that you mentioned but they are really really small so maybe could grow to be like that....

I'll try and get a picture later tonight.

Thanks Lupin.

im curious to see what this is.. i have had this little snail in my tank for months, and he just pops out every other month i swear. seems to grow, but atm there is just one. i want to continue watching this thread and maybe see some pics for future reference.

What snail is this, Jls25? Lymnaea stagnalis? Physas sp.? Ramshorn? I kept the first one by itself. It never reproduced though but there needed to be more than one of them to encourage reproduction by sperm exchange.

That's planaria, Gigi. They're harmless creatures but they are also a sign of overfeeding and inadequate maintenance when they are in vast numbers. Most fish would eat them. Cutting them apart will only make them reproduce as they regenerate themselves.

it is a goldfish tank and I do have gravel and real plants. I have too much gravel (about an inch) and have been planning on taking some out but I'm just getting overwhelmed by this tank. I'm thinking about giving up...