Helpppp

Sally2007

Ok so i just came home from work and my tank is cloudy and there is small lil transparent eggs at the bottom of my tank, I would like to keep the babies but I dont want to remove the 2 goldies from the tank, what should i do?

If you don't remove the eggs they will get eaten by the goldies. Any fry that manage to survive will most likely get eaten. I think it takes a couple of days to see if they have been fertilized or not. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will give you a better perspective of what it takes to raise fry.

Click on the "fry journal" link in my sig, it takes you through the first two weeks of 'egg care'. Main thing now is to get your water good for the parent fish as eggs do make for cycle bumps. Congratulations :)

I'd do a water change at this point since you removed some of the eggs. Infertile eggs can foul your water very badly.

If you have very little space, hatch only an appropriate number that you think you can accommodate well. Of course, take into consideration not all fry will eventually make it to adulthood but usually the lesser the number, the better your chances you can grow a few into potential adults. Cull ones with defects unless you plan to keep them (but not breed).

Edited by Lupin

ok so i have the heater in the 5 gallon tank and a sponge filter in but there is still dust in the aquarium since i had real plants in my goldies tank, is the dust bad for the eggs ?

Dust as in fine particles? I'd just do water changes to make the water much clearer otherwise I would not be too concerned.

Edited by Lupin