I Believe This Is...

Honestly I dont know if he is a pearlscale (but he's a boy I think because he has a concave vent and what look like stars) and is about maybe 2-3 inches? I plucked him out of a tank of chocolate orandas for $9.99 when I bought my 29 gal just now and I was thrown at how much personality he has. He was active and happy and had gone through the qt period and prazi treatment my LFS does and the owner said he has been eating well. I don't care all too much whether he keeps the brown or not, I just thought he was too good to leave there. Any spots you see are watermarks on the outside of his temp tank not on him haha.

NEW019.jpg

NEW018.jpg

NEW002.jpg

NEW001.jpg

NEW016.jpg

his name is either going to be Carolina or Roosevelt :)

Who's your local LFS?

I go to the aquarium center in Blackwood

http://www.aquariumcenter.biz/store/

It's hugeeee with 6400 square feet of space and 600+ tanks, they have everything from freshwater to bracish, cichilds, saltwater, everything!!! :] and pearlies for ten dollars apparently!!

I seriously love him :)

Yes, that is where I go too. I was just there last week and didn't see him. Did they have the pearlscales for sale yet? They were in the last tank on the left.

There werent any smaller ones this time, they have the medium $19 ones on the top level on the left and my new boy was mxed in with chocolate orandas. I think there was another chocolate pearlie there but again it was the top level and i was too short to see right haha

Some more new tank pictures:

fish6feb018.jpg

fish6feb015.jpg

fish6feb014.jpg

fish6feb013.jpg

fish6feb012.jpg

fish6feb011.jpg

('scuse the poo)

fish6feb010.jpg

fish6feb009.jpg

fish6feb008.jpg

Having a chat! (aka chewing food)

fish6feb007.jpg

fish6feb006.jpg

fish6feb002.jpg

fish6feb001.jpg

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

Thanks guys! I know he's not the most high quality pearlie by any stretch but I had never seen a chocolate pearlie in a LFS ever and I just couldn't pass him up! He has a nice wen growing and he get along spelendidly with my other two, he's very gentle for such a large fish!

Winston:

lalalafish024.jpg

Eating some greens

lalalafish021.jpg

Scooting around the tank

lalalafish013.jpg

Coming to attack the camera...

lalalafish014.jpg

ATTACK WITH HUGS!

Hirohito:

lalalafish023.jpg

whut?

lalalafish022.jpg

I always feel like, somebody's watching me!

lalalafish006.jpg

Munching

The new guy:(who is either going to be named Roosevelt or Carolina)

lalalafish020.jpg

Eating!

lalalafish019.jpg

Coming to say hai

lalalafish005.jpg

Lookit that wen!

lalalafish003.jpg

lalalafish001.jpg

The end!!

I have to say you give the best photo captions! Its really interesting to see your pearlscales since, as you know, I have just come into posession of one (after much longing). Have you thought much about how you choccie has a different shaped face to the other two pearlies? I know one of your first two is a crowned pearlier but which one? Is he going to get chubby little cheeks like the chocolate do you think?

xxx

I have to say you give the best photo captions! Its really interesting to see your pearlscales since, as you know, I have just come into posession of one (after much longing). Have you thought much about how you choccie has a different shaped face to the other two pearlies? I know one of your first two is a crowned pearlier but which one? Is he going to get chubby little cheeks like the chocolate do you think?

xxx

My chocolate boy has alot more wen on his cheeks than his head atm so I think that's the main reason why his facial structure looks so different. Winston is the one who (one day hopefully) will be a crowned pearlscale, as he has some wen growth on his cheeks and a TINY amount on his head. Buy if you compared his head to hirohito's you can see where it's forming :]

Who's your local LFS?

I go to the aquarium center in Blackwood

http://www.aquariumcenter.biz/store/

It's hugeeee with 6400 square feet of space and 600+ tanks, they have everything from freshwater to bracish, cichilds, saltwater, everything!!! :] and pearlies for ten dollars apparently!!

I seriously love him :)

Wow! I am going to check this place out....just checked and it's only about 35 minutes from me, straight down 295! Yay! :D Thanks! There are no good pet/fish stores around me...I am excited now. :):):)

Ohhhh and ADORABLE choco-pearlie btw...I can see why you couldn't resist him. Too cute!

Edited by Badfish

Youll love it, they have an amazing selection of fish, not just goldies! Plus alot of their tanks are pretty reasonably priced, I got my 29gal bundle kit (hood, light, heater, filter, and net! ) for a decent price haha!

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

Youll love it, they have an amazing selection of fish, not just goldies! Plus alot of their tanks are pretty reasonably priced, I got my 29gal bundle kit (hood, light, heater, filter, and net! ) for a decent price haha!

Yay, I'm psyched! :D I've been trying to find a decent aquatic store in the area...now I can take my two-year-old and make a little trip out of it -- he LOVES pet stores! Especially with it being winter...a little drive to a nice, big aquarium store could be much fun!

Thank you much!! :D:D:D