Bubbles In The Water

pootwilson

Hello I just have a question about bubbles in the water. When I do water changes I get a bunch of bubbles in the water and on the fish and I know that can't be good for them (at least I don't think it is) so I have been putting water in a bucket letting the bubbles go out then pouring it in the tank which wouldn't be a problem but it takes forever to refill 50-75% of an 80g tank lol

sooooo is there something wrong with the water or is there something I can do to get rid of the bubbles so I can refill using my python?

Thanks

This was asked just the other day. They are O and CO2 bubbles. They are just soluble gases being released from the water and will dissipate over a couple of days. I have had them and they never cause any problems.

Yep and I'm the one who asked it before! :) I thought my fish was suffering oxygen deprivation because maybe the bubbles were CO2. I noticed her gulping at the surface after a water change once when all those tiny bubbles were in there, but it was then determined that she was gulping because of flukes, not because of oxygen deprivation. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Yep and I'm the one who asked it before! :) I thought my fish was suffering oxygen deprivation because maybe the bubbles were CO2. I noticed her gulping at the surface after a water change once when all those tiny bubbles were in there, but it was then determined that she was gulping because of flukes, not because of oxygen deprivation. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Oops sorry lol

but thanks I just wanted to make sure it was ok b/c they stuck all over the fish too and they didn't really act weird or anything but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause breathing problems

Well that makes for easier water changes at least lol

I will go and try to find that other post too

thanks