Help!

Guest redcaporandasrock!

Guest redcaporandasrock!

How do you encourage goldfish to breed? What are the secret methods?! HELP! I urgently need this info.

Write methods apart from:

1. Daily 20% water changes

2. Feeding live food

3. Heating the water

:mytank1:

:newfish Called Jacob Black, a black moor.

RCOR

Did you ever get your goldfish gulping problem fixed? LINK If your fish do breed, where are you going to put the eggs to hatch them and raise the fry? I think you have to get your priorities in order and figured out before attempting any breeding. Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Norm

Edited by acenorm

Goldfish will often chase and nudge - and it does not necessarily mean they are in spawning mode.

Typically, fish will not breed if they have overlying problems of any consequence.

Males will chase males. Females will chase females. FEmales will chase males. Males will chase females. It is what they do.

Heating the tank will not necessarily make them spawn. A preperly prepared fish is prepared from the fall of the previous year - being fed a diet heavy in protien. A period of dormancy is ideal for good spawning - followed by a brief period of slightly rising temps. A diet of algae and greens helps matters along. A drop in air pressure - typically signaling a spring storm - slightly cooler water flush imitating a spring shower - will sometimes trigger a spawning event - IF the spawning was aready prepped.

Guest redcaporandasrock!

I have bought a pump. What is 'dormancy'??

Thanks a lot for your info, it was very helpful. :borggs:

I need to know what 'dormancy' means though... Which fish food are heavy in protein?

RCOR