What Was Your Best Aquarium Score?

Thought it might be fun to list some of our best deals on aquariums that you've purchased used. I'll start! ;)

1. 20 gallon with wooden stand, hood, lights, Whisper Power filter, assorted tank decorations and plastic plants, net, test kit, tropical fish guide, and tropical fish food- craigslist- $100.00

2. 55 gallon with wooden stand, hood, lights, two Whisper Power filters- craigslist- $125.00

-Dennis

I'm watching craigslist for a nice 30 gallon right now. ;)

I got my 55 from a breeder who showed fish!! It was a showtank. For some reason they were selling of all the show tanks and closing shop. It was really cheap. Cant remember exactly how much. However I then had to get filters and all...

Guest Kelsang

55 gallon tank + hood + light + ehiem filter + imagine gold filter + gravel + stand + filter media + siphon for the grand total of $200 on craigslist. :D

I got a 30 gallon tank, a table for it to sit on, the filter, and a hood with a light for $80. I found the tank at Goodwill, the table at Salvation Army and I bought the filter and light stuff normal lfs price. I feel pretty good about it. Heehee

Brand new in box Marineland 37 gallon aquarium kit: came with w/lid and light, Marineland Penguin 200 filter, Marineland Heater, net, food and water conditioner sample, thermometer.....$100. (Selling this tank in the classified section now -- minus the accessories -- for $50. Unfortunately better suited for tropicals than goldies because it is a tall tank.)

Bought from Ebay from a person who worked at -insert big pet store chain here-, I guess he got a great deal on it. Brought it home, it was in perfect shape! Thought it was a great deal for the tank and all those accessories, especially with it being Marineland brand! :)

omg some people have had such great luck! ugh. i got a tetra filter, and a 10 gallon tank for 50 bucks. and then i got a huge amount of java moss for 4 bucks, and some java ferns for 2 bucks.. if that counts.. compared to your retail prices. LOL

Guest hkrayingboy

My best deal on a fish tank is from craigslist. I got my 90 gallon tank that came with tank, canopy stand with penn plax canister fillter, bio filter 350, air pump, heater, gravel, 25 ft tube for cleaning. and there are many more. But there was one thing bad was that the light take 5-10 min to fully turn on. So i just replace the starter for it. I think it is a heck of a deal. I also got as 20 gallon long that i am using as a sump for free.

My 55 gallon with the lights was a freebie from my brother in law. He found it in a loft in a building he bought.

I got my 46 gallon bowfront with black pine stand and lights for $80 on Craigslist.

Of course, it cost me 4 times that to outfit it with filters, heater, versa-top, air pump, etc. But I still call it "The $80 Tank" when I show it off to friends. They're duly impressed.