Photos Of My Goldfish!

Guest joe_uk

Hi, not sure if this is the right place, as this forum doesn't seem to have a photo section? Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyway, here's my fish:

red cap oranda: (when will he develop a proper red cap though?)

4318636727_58093569d1_o.jpg

oranda:

4318636201_9388169c10_o.jpg

not sure what this fella is, I think you call them calico's?:

4318627449_a708d99342_o.jpg

'Black' Moor. He was black when I bought him last week, but now he's turning golden. Is this normal? He seems healthy enough!

4318626429_27593a9b9d_o.jpg

Ranchu:

4318625045_9b0223e18f_o.jpg

on

I've also got around 15 little goldfish that I bred in the pond outside. I'm just growing these on til it gets warm enough to pop them back in with the parents. I think they're some kind of hybrid between comets and yellow whatyoucallthems. Not too sure on pondfish as they're my dad's, as I say, just lookign after them til they're big enough/it's warm enough outside.

4319359794_142f160b82_o.jpg

I've also got 3 golden apple snails who go about cleaning up.

4318631813_5714cc90f5_o.jpg

Hey great pics Joe!

Yes, the fantail that you have is called a calico fantail. Very neat fish! I have one amongst all of my telescopes and he does just fine!

It's not uncommon for Moors to revert from black to orange. If you search through the threads I'm sure you'll find further discussion on it, but it does happen and is normal with some fish.

Nice to have you with us! :)

-Dennis

yes you are in the right section..

and must i add, GREAT shots! and i love the tank! very well set up! i wish i had the space and money for such a nice tank!. great stuff bro.

Thanks people! Didn't expect such quick replies - looks like a good forum!

As for the price, didn't cost me much. I had the tank built for ?175, and got the filter second hand for ?70, so not too bad. I was massively into cichlids when I bought it, and spent a lot of money getting it all together. Hope the goldfish appreciate the luxury! Hopefully I'll see some growth out of them now, and the red cap has started to develop his wen(?) since going into this tank.

There are two negatives to this tank however - I still have a common plec and an algae eater in there. I've heard of them havign a go at the slime coat on slow moving, flat-bodied fish. No sign of this so far, and it's been about two months. Need to get rid of them nonetheless soon as possible!

You have beautiful fish. I especially love the Ranchu. :heart And that last tank shot is gorgeous! I am very curious about what plants you have in there.

Guest Mike and Linda

Hi, not sure if this is the right place, as this forum doesn't seem to have a photo section? Maybe I'm missing something?

Hi. I want to buy a camer for my fish. I was wondering what brand of camera did you use? Your photos turned out great. Your fish are pretty cool looking. Mike

Anyway, here's my fish:

red cap oranda: (when will he develop a proper red cap though?)

4318636727_58093569d1_o.jpg

oranda:

4318636201_9388169c10_o.jpg

not sure what this fella is, I think you call them calico's?:

4318627449_a708d99342_o.jpg

'Black' Moor. He was black when I bought him last week, but now he's turning golden. Is this normal? He seems healthy enough!

4318626429_27593a9b9d_o.jpg

Ranchu:

4318625045_9b0223e18f_o.jpg

on

I've also got around 15 little goldfish that I bred in the pond outside. I'm just growing these on til it gets warm enough to pop them back in with the parents. I think they're some kind of hybrid between comets and yellow whatyoucallthems. Not too sure on pondfish as they're my dad's, as I say, just lookign after them til they're big enough/it's warm enough outside.

4319359794_142f160b82_o.jpg

I've also got 3 golden apple snails who go about cleaning up.

4318631813_5714cc90f5_o.jpg

Oooohhh..I love your oranda! The red cap may take some time before it can grow into a large goosehead type of wen. What do you normally feed him? If you could get Hikari Lionhead, it can accelerate the wen growth. Protein-based foods often do that job. For orandas, it's better they focus their energy growing their bodies first before the wen so please be patient.:)

Welcome to Koko's!

Is the second one really an oranda? He/she looks JUST like my Patrick, same body shape, face, and long flowing tail even. Patrick is a fantail :blink:

Love your moor, looks like a moustache on the face :)

Edited by Pezzers

Oooohhh..I love your oranda! The red cap may take some time before it can grow into a large goosehead type of wen. What do you normally feed him? If you could get Hikari Lionhead, it can accelerate the wen growth. Protein-based foods often do that job. For orandas, it's better they focus their energy growing their bodies first before the wen so please be patient.:)

Welcome to Koko's!

cheers! Yeah I've had him about a year now, so he's still quite young. He lived in a pretty small tank with a turtle until I rescued him. It's only since going in this big tank that his wen has showed any signs of developing, so he's either at the right age, he's a lot happier, or a combination of the two.

I feed them tetra goldfish pro, tetra pro veg, occasional bloodworms, and peas. They also have a go at any veg that I feed the plec, cucumbers, peppers etc.

Is the second one really an oranda? He/she looks JUST like my Patrick, same body shape, face, and long flowing tail even. Patrick is a fantail :blink:

Love your moor, looks like a moustache on the face :)

No idea? Don't fantails look more like ryukins than orandas? He hasn't got that arch on his dorsal? I dunno, new to goldfish!

Mike and Linda, did you need to quote my entire post? Didn't see your question in there til now! It's a Canon Eos 1000d and I used the standard kit lens for these shots

You have beautiful fish. I especially love the Ranchu. :heart And that last tank shot is gorgeous! I am very curious about what plants you have in there.

Plants -

the Large yellowy green leaves are actually Pothos, or Devil's Ivy. I have a big potted plant next to/ontop of the tank, and it started growing into and underneath the water and growing roots. One day I cut it and just let it grow submerged. I've since tidied it up and movied it around, and it's thriving fully submerged, and nothing eats it.

There's some marimo balls that ended up flat, and they're growing across the wood at the back.

The taller plants are Cabomba I think. Brilliant for goldfish as nothing seems to eat them, and grow so quick! I keep pulling the upper half off and replanting it.

I overlooked the second pic. It's fantail to me. Ryukins have a more pronounced hump than that and orandas should have a wen growth. Mouth is a little pointy to be oranda by standards.

Plants -

the Large yellowy green leaves are actually Pothos, or Devil's Ivy. I have a big potted plant next to/ontop of the tank, and it started growing into and underneath the water and growing roots. One day I cut it and just let it grow submerged. I've since tidied it up and movied it around, and it's thriving fully submerged, and nothing eats it.

There's some marimo balls that ended up flat, and they're growing across the wood at the back.

The taller plants are Cabomba I think. Brilliant for goldfish as nothing seems to eat them, and grow so quick! I keep pulling the upper half off and replanting it.

Pothos! That's what i thought! Yea! I'm going to try it too. I have a potted one myself that grows very well but i am just having no luck with regular aquarium plants. So i am going to give it a go. Thanks! :D

Edited by Anielynn