Sign in to follow this  
HNLim

What Do You Think?

Must be due to my lousy care-taking.

HNLim, if you ask me, I don't think so.lol If it was, you wouldn't have managed well your beautiful orandas. Just think of your achievements and be optimistic for the remaining survivors.

FYI Fatty Weng was the only survivor out of 20 odd pieces which I bought the last time. This time round, I am trying to quarantine them with what is called the 3rd generation yellow powder. Lets see how they fare this time. The funny thing is all those that did not make it are the skinny ones while all the fatties are growing very fast. I will post a picture of what ever remains if they do at a later date. This is really the toughest goldfish to keep. Much tougher than TVR.

The Japanese yellow powder also known as elbagin and Furan 3? Noted the active ingredient is Sodium Nifurstyrenate which is used as antibiotic.

Are you suspecting the fish are contaminated by bacterial infections? What were the symptoms before they died anyway? What about the appearance of their stool? So far, some people locally have been using them like water that it apparently treats even suspected septicemia. In if this might interesting to see how this would work. Keep us updated on the progress of this med. See if this might just lessen mortality rate.

I am left with 12. I open up the gill plate and saw plenty of white balls about 1 to 2 mm diameter infecting the gills of those tikus that has grown thin. Wonder what it is.

have you QT'd them? Salt and Prazi?

They are adorable!!!! I want all of them to survive!! Up to .3% salt...exact directions in link in signature! Keep eye on water params!!!

:heart

That was quite interesting. Is there a way to take pics of the gill area? How about post mortem examination by doing necropsy on the abdominal area of the dead ones? Make sure the ones you used are "freshly" dead, not the ones that died hours ago. This might help us factor out what exactly happened.

that is an amazing price! 1.90 each! holy, when i HAD :( mine, i paid like. 5 bucks! or a tad more! wish i still had him, he was SO cool! lucky you!

HNLim, I am quite interested to know the results of this sodium nifurstyrenate you are using to your tikus. Would you be willing to keep us updated of the possible reactions? Even then, I personally don't treat fish with anything until I figured out the exact issue. Still interested to learn more about the effects of sodium nifurstyrenate.

As far as I know, some people have been using it as part of their quarantine process. Someone else claimed that but I can't vouch for its efficiency yet as I haven't gotten around to trying that.

HNLim, I am quite interested to know the results of this sodium nifurstyrenate you are using to your tikus. Would you be willing to keep us updated of the possible reactions? Even then, I personally don't treat fish with anything until I figured out the exact issue. Still interested to learn more about the effects of sodium nifurstyrenate.

As far as I know, some people have been using it as part of their quarantine process. Someone else claimed that but I can't vouch for its efficiency yet as I haven't gotten around to trying that.

Dying like crazy. Now left with 4 pieces.

Dying like crazy. Now left with 4 pieces.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mr. Lim. It sounds like something is seriously wrong in that batch of fish.

It makes me feel better about the new tikus that have died on me recently, though -- I had six new ones and have only one left five weeks later. If you can't make them survive, then nobody can. So, I'm sorry for your troubles but I want to thank you for sharing the details with us -- I've learned a lot from you about tikus and hope to continue to do so.