Growing Little Fish

ParadiseLost

Hello all,

Having moved my little trio into a bigger home I am now ready to start getting them growing since they have a good enough space for it. I was wondering what would be the best way to get my three to start growing ASAP?

Thanks. :)

Clean water, good food (I like Saki Hikari sinking pellets) and feed them three times a day in small quantities. You'll really have to watch your test levels as extra food means extra poop. I've been feeding mine 3x daily for 2 weeks now and I swear Rusty's getting bigger already :)

I suggest using a food that is high in protein. You can't usually find them on the market....which is why I make my own. I put all sorts of seafood and even beef hearts in there. Plus veggies and processed foods. It's a complete diet.

There are lots of recipe's in this section of the board.

Another plus to gel food is it's SOO much cheaper than buying prepackaged food!

Good news to report, they have only been in a week now but they love the new tank and I can see Klaus is growing rapidly, he's the biggest of the bunch but I make sure they all get their fair share of food as I put food in both sides of the tank so they each feed in a different spot. They love chasing the food around.

I am really hoping Lt. Shiny Sides grows more soon, he hasn't got a lot bigger for a month or so, so hopefully soon! I think Klaus is going to be a whopper. He is a totally different shape to Lt though so this makes me think he is not pure singletail, because he's nowhere near as long and slim streamlined as Lt.

I think Pumpkin has also grown, I went back to the shop and saw fish she had been in with and they seemed so tiny in comparison, unless they were always tiny! But I remember them being all a similar size, so that's great.

I got them some Hikari Goldfish Staple Food and bloodworms today and have been giving them fruit and veg to supplement their normal soaked flakes :)