Ben & Jamie's New Raingarden Fishies

Well guys ben's little pearlscale was dead and stuck to the filter intake in her tank yesterday morning. I have no idea what happened to her, she was fine and then she was dead. She hadn't been the healthiest fish in the world since we got her, I chalked that up to her living at the LFS for such a long time before we brought her home. My black and orange oranda bayne is getting ready to come out of QT here real soon so we went fish shopping online lol. Ben's dream fish is a chocolate broad tail ryukin and I really really liked Froggy (ben's pearlscale) when he had her so we ordered these two babies!!

My soon to be new fish:

JamiesNewPearlscale.jpg

Bennie's dream fish:

bensfish.jpg

Hope you guys like them....we sure do!

Oooh beautiful fishies!! :druel

You guys are so lucky in the States to have these amazing places to buy goldies!

Cannot wait to see piccies of the new arrivals!! :D

Thanks Pigz! I contacted him last night but the first ryukin ben picked had been sold so we had to pick another one this morning so i just sent him the email...we are super excited! Unfortunately they will be in QT for a while...maybe i can borrow ben's tank light to get some good pics of them!

Omg you guys must have posted when i was writing pigz back lol...thanks so much for the compliments we are super stoaked! This is ben's first Rain Garden fish...actually this is his first fish that was over $5 as well he he and it's his dream fish:) I LOVE that pearlscale...the finnage is lovely!

They're both gorgeous and I'm sure you'll get lots of fun out of them :)

It might just be me but that pearlscale seems to be missing its pearls... it's got the head shape I usually associate with ryukins and pearlscales and the tummy of a pearlscale but it looks like normal scales to me. Very unusual, he's a lovely colour anyway, you like your chocolates don't you!

The broadtail can come live with me ;)

I really wish we had somewhere like raingarden or GC but then I'd probably have no monies...

They're beautiful! :Congrats:

I was thinking the same thing about the pearlscale not being very "pearlie" but I think his scales are just metallic so his pearls are just shiny.

Thanks guys:) The pearlscale looks pearlie to me lol...the scales just look super shiny to me they don't seem to stick out as much as other pearlies but i still really like him a lot. Maybe once i fatten him up a bit they will stick out more. Still doesn't change the fact that he has beautiful fins and a nice crown starting:)

Lupin: Eh I have 4 oranda right now and i really did fall in love with ben's pearlie so i wanted one for myself. I have room for one more fish after this one but i think i'm going to hold out for one of the 5" lionheads i have on order. Sometimes it takes like three months to get special order fish like that and it's been just over a month now so the QT tank sould be available by the time they come in.

Yes it is a young ryukin but that's what ben wants for his tank...he likes to get small fish. Why do you want to be wrong about it being a young ryukin? The pearlie is going into my 75g not ben's 30g...I'm totally confused by your comment devilduck lol

co_goldies: yes it's a crown pearlscale...I like them better than golfball pearlscales b/c they have pretty fins and a head growth...you guys know how i love my head growths lol!

Ooohhh nooo lupin no more tanks atm...no room that's for sure! One day i want a 200 gallon tank and that will be enough for me:)

I think devilduck thinks you think the ryukin is a pearl? I think the red and white one looks pearlie! IF that matters! :teehee

Edited by CO_Goldies