Sign in to follow this  
Chrissy_Bee

Poor Fred

So for a while there, my moor George spent a lot of time chasing my pearlscale Fred around. The thing is, despite his "feminine" round body, Fred is a male :rofl George stopped the behaviour when my old oranda Edwin died. Edwin was actually a female so without her presence, the boys lost their breeding stars and settled down into a peaceful bachelor life.

Well now I see Penny is chasing poor Fred! I figured Penny was a male, now I'm sure.

I figure one of two things has happened. Either Penny is just maturing and getting those 'special urges' OR Munchie, the oranda I added about two weeks ago, is a female and her hormones are getting the boys excited. So far though George has no breeding stars, and when females have been in the tank before they have been very evident on him. For that matter, they have been on Fred too.

So I guess for now I'll just watch everyone. Luckily Fred takes the harassment well...poor guy :P

O no! Not again! Poor Fred!

But, who knows, maybe he likes it!? :rofl

Guest Kelsang

LOL!!!!!!!!!

How are you sure he's a guy anyways?

LOL it's not that the fish are gay. Pearlscales have very round bodies and sometimes other fish mistakenly think they are females.

:exactly Yes they do!! I've seen that. Any fat tummied fish can be mistaken. I think you are onto something with maybe Munchies pheremones in the water confusing all these issues :D

I'm hoping that maybe Patchy is a female too so when he/she joins the main tank some of the pressure will be taken off Munchie...if the boys figure out she is a she that is :P

I guess it's time for me to take a flashlight and really try to figure out some genders in my tank.

awww Fred's going to get a complex if everyone keeps mistaking him for a girl lol!

Poor Fred. I bet your new one is a lady...now if the other fish could just figure that out.

So any fish with a big belly is fair game when someone's frisky? Too funny!