Oscar Is Pineconing

jody

I am on day 4 of the treatment. I only have enough Metro+ to do 5-6 days max. It says to do 5-7 days treatment, do you think it will be enough? Her side is healed nicely, no more pus. Should I be preparing for another round of treatment? This infection has flared up 3 times now.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 or 6 days is enough if the sores have healed up I think. I would get some more of this medication in to repeat if the sores come back. Hopefully they will not.

Thanks Trinket for keeping up with me on this:D

Do you think the Triple Sulfa would work again if it comes back? Just because the Metro+ has to be ordered online. If I need the Metro+ again though an order can be arranged.

Did it work at all the first time? The thing is -usually- if it doesn't work the first time it isn't going to work the next. Usually a sulfa medication like Triple is exactly what I would recommend for stubborn popping sores like this but for some reason I thought that had not worked. Metro can also be good though.

First round was Triple Sulfa and Jungle AB. Second Round was Jungle AB. This third round has been Metro+. I want to be ready for round four. I have Prazi, Jungle AB(opened two-three months ago), Triple Sulfa, Salt, and Melafix all on hand. Should I order anything else? I can't get my hands on Metro Meds.

I had a good look at her side today, there looks to be a spec of white there. I dont think it is over. :( Back to the Triple Sulfa should be the next round I think, or back to the Jungle?

Oh yes should I add carbon or anything to remove Metro+, or just through partial water changes?

I have left the last dose in there for a few days now.

Edited by Hawaiian Crush

I was at the LFS today and I saw some more meds all by Aquarium Pharmacheticals

1. Triple Sulfa

2.Furan - 2

3. Eromyticin

4. General Cure

Any of these good for Oscar?

I've been following your thread and rooting for Oscar. I can't offer any advice for those meds but you might want to PM Trinket. I know that right now she is pretty busy so sometimes she misses some threads when she does log on. :)

Good luck to you and Oscar. :heart

Okay thanks caitie, I was just thinking the same thing, great minds think alike :) Oh yes and thank you for following the thread and the vote of luck :D

Mini update: bad news it looks like pus may be coming out of her other side now, so both sides are affected :(

Edited by Hawaiian Crush

I havent tried Biobandage, I would be looking at another online order for that. Thanks for the tip I may submit an order as I may need some more medication.

Things might not be as bad as the last post. Her sides are not getting any worse. The spec of white on her opposite side may be just exposure to the air as she is flipped on her side floating. The other side(the one we have been having problems with) is not emmiting any pus, just a little white scale. She is at .1% salt right now and in the main tank where I am salting for a cloudy eye on Google.

The opposite side that looked like it might start being affected is fine now. The affected side may start to erupt again there is a couple little white cottony specs coming out. Any thought on the next course of action if it erupts? I am bumping salt to .2 % now, that is all the meds she is on right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been going well. The infection has not come back (knock on wood). She still floats at the surface on her side, she gets pushed down under water by the filter output, sometimes making it to the bottom before slowly rising again, I would imagine this is some what enjoyable for her as it simulates swimming which she cannot do. Recently about 3 days ago she has stopped eating. Other wise going well.

Thanks again for all your help guys and gals and special thanks to Trinket for helping me through this, we couldn't have done it without you:D